Author Topic: CORONA  (Read 504 times)

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
Re: CORONA
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 11:11:25 »
We will as necessary. Today seems all Europe will be closed. Who knows how long it will last...

Even in Finland I have arranged remote shopping for my mom (82)...

Let's take of the elderly. Let's stop spreading it. We had already 3rd degree contact here in Slovenia, luckily the contact person was found negative.

Take care, let's hope it will past quickly.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 12:36:02 »
We will as necessary. Today seems all Europe will be closed. Who knows how long it will last...

Even in Finland I have arranged remote shopping for my mom (82)...

Let's take of the elderly. Let's stop spreading it. We had already 3rd degree contact here in Slovenia, luckily the contact person was found negative.

Take care, let's hope it will past quickly.

I've been following the curves lately, I have friends who are in the field of viruses etc, if you take China as a model from lockdown to the cases getting low and manageable, it took 12 days and Chinese in reality did fantastically with lockdown, I doubt most European countries will be as efficient, even if our hospitals might be better.
After the cases plummeted it took a full month for them to heal the last people and now close the emergency hospitals they built, then you can't just get back to not making checks and reopening everything like before, or you might get another wave.
Seems the progression of the disease spread In Italy follows the Chinese curves closely, Italians just have the huge issue of bad health system in the south, so many people have been going north, causing more concentration of disease, quickly overloading their hospital capacity.

So in all likelihood, the worst might be behind us in end of april, but don't expect to just go back to 100% normal immediately, maybe some travel companies, hotels and businesses will be bankrupt by then, so each countries I think will have a big challenge to face even when the virus is under control.

I don't want to make you people panic, if you limit your social contacts, wash your hands often you most likely will be fine, just don't underestimate this, be safe !
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:38:44 by Djairouks »

SB

• Administrator

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 16:19:35 »

I've been following the curves lately.

https://www.rystadenergy.com/globalassets/pdfs/202003011_rystadenergy_coronavirusreport.pdf

Yeah same as I've been seeing, Italy are in deep shit !

But the conclusion on temperature seems a bit premature or misguided, because look at the list of cold countries, they include all richest countries with most of them better health safety and hospital networks, while most of the warm countries include almost all african countries and places where the level of life is quite lower.
So it could simply be that in the warm countries, they just do not have the capacity to test as many people and report virus cases, or the population density is so much less that widespread infection is limited, so the statistic could be really false in such case.
Funny they forgot Portugal it's nowhere to be found !

My friend who has a PHD in molecular biology, says this has nothing to do with seasonal viruses like the flu, so it won't disappear with summer most likely, better be safe than sorry !

The one good global impact this has is CO2 levels have massively dropped everywhere, at least you should be breathing better.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 16:23:15 by Djairouks »

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 19:35:30 »

Funny they forgot Portugal it's nowhere to be found !

Perhaps time to do VIM22 in Portugal (as expected...)  :-X  ;D  ;D  ;D. don't hit I'm out !!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 13:25:40 »
Is it now time to be realistic ?

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer than riding VENTUS CM D-KCTT
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 14:14:32 »
The German Varadero Meeting (VDT) has the same problem with the virus. The VDT should be the Weekend before VIM.
But they got in contact with the Hotel and they found a solution.
Short version: The VDT-Orga will wait till end of April with the decission if VDT will take place in 2020 or will be postponed at the same location in 2021. Up to there everybody can cancel and will get back the money for the accomodation or if the VDT is postponed into 2021 and you want to join in 2021 they let the money in the pool and the Hotel will give the same conditions for next year at the same Weekend (long WE beginning with fathers day).

So at the moment I see not the need to do a decission.
But the Orgas should think about plan B or C or .... and perhaps get a similar agreement or better agreement with the "Hotel".

For me, I booked the accos to and from VIM with booking.com and my first cancellation without paying anything must be on 24 May 2020.
So Im not in a hurry.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer aka meine dicke
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 14:19:42 by meine dicke »
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018; 2019; 2020 (booked)
IAHT 2013; 2016
VIM 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018; 2019; 2020 (booked)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 60.000)