Author Topic: Scorpion Exhaust repair.  (Read 2017 times)

aboynamedsue

• HAR Member
Scorpion Exhaust repair.
« on: September 27, 2018, 21:16:55 »
As per my last post regarding me looking for a LHS pannier, you'll know I was hit from behind in France. My left hand Scorpion silencer was rammed upwards in the collision and was substantially dented/bent. A quote for a new set from my local Honda dealer was £599. I just happened to be looking around the Scorpion website and in the FAQ section someone asked if they did repairs and the answer was dependant on how bad the damage was. So I emailed their technicians with a few pics and decided to send it off to them any way, because one way or another it wasn't going back on my bike the way it was. A few days later one of the guys phoned me and said it needed a new sleeve and including a new hanger bracket and postage would cost me £87. I've never pulled my wallet out so quick in my life. He said it would be a few days and there it was waiting for me when I got home from work in a lovely Scorpion Exhausts box. I got the shock of my life when I opened the box and it was a brand new silencer . Maybe it was easier or more convenient to send me a new one but I don't care in the slightest, I am a happy man. I just need a pannier rack now and the bike will be back to normal. So hats off to Scorpion, Made in Britain, first class service and I will be letting them know via email.

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Scorpion Exhaust repair.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 22:19:02 »
 VCIF_ThumbUp
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal