Author Topic: Starter not firing well  (Read 130 times)

Djairouks

• HAR Member
Starter not firing well
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:59:13 »
So the other day after months of inactivity, I tried to start the AT at night to go to my training and it really didn't want to, I did about 6 tries until it barely started.

I'm a little bit disappointed because all my Yamahas, would start on the first try even during winter and like the AT they were sitting outside (no garage) in the cold, I rarely would remove the battery, so did anyone experience that as well !?
I was thinking to change the battery to a Lithium one for the weight gain as well, wondering if it would help in such case or if this has nothing to do with it.

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
Re: Starter not firing well
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 10:44:43 »
So the other day after months of inactivity, I tried to start the AT at night to go to my training and it really didn't want to, I did about 6 tries until it barely started.

I'm a little bit disappointed because all my Yamahas, would start on the first try even during winter and like the AT they were sitting outside (no garage) in the cold, I rarely would remove the battery, so did anyone experience that as well !?
I was thinking to change the battery to a Lithium one for the weight gain as well, wondering if it would help in such case or if this has nothing to do with it.
I think it is the battery. Lithium batteries are better keeping charge but worse in cold.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...