Honda XL1000V Varadero - The bike that started our community! > Varadero tyre centre

Anakee 3 or PR4T

(1/7) > >>

djcat:
Hi there,

changing my Anakee 3 front soon, may go for Pilot Road 4 Trail just to try it out. Michelin ok'ed mixing them.

How would a PR4T handle dirt on tarmac? Would a tyre that is partly for off road score more points here?

Yep, I see all sorts of stuff on the road, this morning it was a hell lot of oil on a roundabout, gravel and sand close to a building site.

Thank you!

Jasper:
I don't believe any tyre works on oil, sand or loose gravel as you described**
Unfortunately, it's really down to rider observation, skill, timing and ......luck :o

** I'd rather ride a gravel/dirt road than come across these combinations on asphalt roads

P.S. You forgot to add some rain for lubrication and to increase the excitement ;)

djcat:

--- Quote from: Jasper on May 28, 2014, 07:07:35 ---I don't believe any tyre works on oil, sand or loose gravel as you described**
Unfortunately, it's really down to rider observation, skill, timing and ......luck :o

** I'd rather ride a gravel/dirt road than come across these combinations on asphalt roads

P.S. You forgot to add some rain for lubrication and to increase the excitement ;)

--- End quote ---

Oil you are right, certainly agree on the looking, thinking and planning ahead part, too. Some tyres react better to a few bits of gravel then others though.

I am still confused if I should go for one tyre or the other. There are other aspects that are important to me.

- Wet grip

- Predictable, progressive cornering (meaning the bike doesn't fall into a corner but leans in progressively with input - very tyre dependent)

- high speed stability

- miles I get out of it

The Anakee 3 I had on it was flawless in all situations and perfect for me, but for just 10 Pounds more I am wondering if the newest, latest and greatest Chez Michelin could do even better.

Jyrays:
I have only fell on paved road with Anakees, but I did TWICE until I changed them  ???

By the way, my colleague was in that Jean-Pierre Michelin, nephew of the head of Michelin family...

djcat:

--- Quote from: Jyrays on May 28, 2014, 17:36:21 ---I have only fell on paved road with Anakees, but I did TWICE until I changed them  ???

By the way, my colleague was in that Jean-Pierre Michelin, nephew of the head of Michelin family...

--- End quote ---

Sorry don't know what you mean. You fell down with the Anakees? Or you ride only on Tarmac with them?

Bear in mind that Anakee2 and Anakee 3 are totally different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version