Honda XL1000V Varadero - The bike that started our community! > Varadero tyre centre

Michelin Pilot Road 4 trail

(1/11) > >>

Skye:
Thinking of giving these a try when its time for a change. Michelin says it will last 17% longer than the previous version 3.
So what is the mileage of the 3īs?

Anyway it also states that the compound in the middle of the tyre has been stronger but not loosing the grip.

Some Videos where the tires should be useful and review. Welcome to Geiranger..

jackyork:
Very interesting technology. Looks to be a great tyre, if it does all they say.

Shame about the dopey American presenter; they just don't get the English language....'...ESPECIALLY, on ALL KINDS of surfaces'....? make your mind up.

Skye:
Is the Revzilla Machine-gun better?

Madero:

--- Quote from: Skye on March 04, 2014, 17:12:40 ---Is the Revzilla Machine-gun better?

--- End quote ---

OMG! That was really like a machinegun!
 :o

I like these tyres though. Now on PR3. Like them both in dry and wet. Did not like them on a wet and slippery sand/gravel road in Sweden last year. Fitted these PR3 right after vim Tarragona in 2012. Considered to (temporary) fit Anakees/Conti's for this years vim at Geiranger. Since my PR3's are not worn yet I'll keep these on. Probably need changing after Geiranger. Have then done about 10.000km mainly fully packed. I understood from "mr. Machinegun" that the PR4 trail-version is still built up from medium/soft compound where the other PR4 rear tyres now have hard/medium compound to give a longer live. Guess that this PR4 will therefore last as long as the PR3, approx. 10.000k

Skye:
You are right on that Madero,

only difference between PR3 and PR4 Trails seems to be the pattern in the tyre.

If you only get 10000 km from PR3, well I think I stay on Tourance or Anakees

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version