Author Topic: The way to VIM 21  (Read 23543 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: The way to VIM 21
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 02:15:04 »
I just ask because I try to ride gravel to go and come back to VIM 21 ... do not think it is off topic; and think it can be useful for some others members ...
 VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Snurrepus

• 2008 Black Beauty
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 03:19:57 »
I just ask because I try to ride gravel to go and come back to VIM 21 ... do not think it is off topic; and think it can be useful for some others members ...
 VCIF_salut

I'm sure that you will be able to ride gravel roads quite a bit of the way from southern France to Fredriksværk.
You really need plenty of time though.
To be honest -  most of "us" don't look for gravel roads on our way to and from a VIM. Gravel roads for the intererested during a VIM is something else.
Unfortunately I think there are'nt many gravel roads in western Sealand.
Or am I wrong, Ole & Ole...  ???

See you deep in a German forest ;)

VIM 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Bønne

• VCIF/HARK.DK/XL-Forum.SE/HVRoN.NO/VUK
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 21:51:17 »
I think there are'nt many gravel roads in western Sealand.
Erik is right, there's not many gravel roads on Zealand, and a part of these, are typically forbidden to ride on because of privacy or something similar. The few that's legal, are not very long, e.g. the one I rode in the weekend; 1,5 km.

I just ask because I try to ride gravel to go and come back to VIM 21
And of cause that's okay... but you had already put a link to TET up here, which, 1. you have a topic about elsewhere, 2. it has been on the front page for a long time. And like Erik, I don't think this has the biggest interest for the VIM participants.

And your statement about the Varederos:
But they are less each year ... and more real trail bikes
together with the resentment I felt, when I asked about getting the precentation video on the front page, but got something else; yet another offroad event, gave both me and Bernard the thought that you're turning the forum more and more offroad oriented, forgetting the roots of our forum; the Varadero, our community and VIM.

It's obvious that there will be less and less Varaderos on the roads by time, but we still are a certain part of the members riding it with joy. And, it's not about the Varadero alone, it's a lot about the members as well, and I don't think that those who have changed the Varadero to some other bike, all have changed their riding style to offroad. As you've written yourself, there's not the same activity on the forum anymore, but maybe that's because many present and former Varadero riders hasn't got that much interest in offroad and therefore find other places to act.

On a forum like this, which reprecents both the Varadero, the Crosstourer and the new Africa Twin, there should be space for all three models, and their riders and former riders, whatever they ride tarmac or gravel, short or long trips, few or many kilometers a year, and especially, space for our own events. And as we're having VIM21 at Whitsun next year, with an upcoming Website and booking, I think it's time to focus on this and put others events in the background until after the VIM.

After all, in my oppinion, this forum still ought to be the main communication medium in our community (thought VIM21 is announced on Facebook too), as the forum is where the history and the database of our community is build up over the years.
Plan your ride, ride your plan.

XL 1000 VA8, Chevalier Silver Metallic

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 19:41:30 »
Think it's turn absolutely off topic, but I will answer you ... here

VCIF_ok

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 11:58:34 »
And now back to topic: The Way To VIM21!
We are still not sure if we will arrive in Denmark on Thursday or Friday, but most likely it will be a motorway trip.
Only a merge 600 km to cover this time, lol.
Planning an after-VIM tour to Norway with Kitty, thats (almost) certain!
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

texas

• SD02 2006 and SD02 2008
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 22:11:12 »
Rainer, would be nice to do the trip together.
Do you plan to take the ferry at Wischhafen/Glückstadt or the Elbtunnel at Hamburg?

Anyone else passing Hamburg on Friday?
Enduranceriders have longer fun.

Harv

• HAR Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 23:15:44 »
Anyone had any experience of the Puttgarden ferry crossing? Thinking of using it as part of a circular tour.👍

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 09:55:43 »
Anyone had any experience of the Puttgarden ferry crossing? Thinking of using it as part of a circular tour.👍

Yep. You don't need to make reservations, what I recall there is a ferry every 45 minutes. We have used this one on our way to VIM19 in Gotland, two years ago.

Harv

• HAR Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 18:12:24 »
Cheers👍
Also seeking recommended places to stay en route around Bremen and Aalborg. Either "must see" or "must do" places. We have a couple of gaps in our itinerary. Trying to get as much in as possible 😉

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 20:23:12 »
Do you plan to take the ferry at Wischhafen/Glückstadt or the Elbtunnel at Hamburg?

I guess more west route for us...
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 22:31:20 »

I guess more west route for us...

I am on holidays and plan for the moment to traveo through the Nethetlands north at the coast to Bremerhaven and then via ferry Putgarten to Danemark.
I shsll give after the holidays more infos.
Rainer
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 139.000)

Jack Sawdayee

• HAR Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 16:41:51 »
Dear Friends
I would like to enquire two things:
1- My sons Meir wedding is on the 19/06/2019 and this gives me a very limited time to return to Israel. I found that there is a train that can carry me and my bike from Dussoldorf Germany that  leave at  20:54 and arrive at 9:15 to Insburk in Austria from there 350 kms to Venice and the ferry to Greece. This saves me one day and 800 kms distance and with this I can be home 3 days before my sons wedding.
Has anybody experienced riding this train.
2- Because of last years puncture in Greece, does anyone knows of road emergincy service in Europe for bikes coming from outside Europe, giving service in Greece, Italy, Austria, Germany and Denmark.
Your help is much appreciated.

Norbert_L

• HAR Member
    • We are Lieblers
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 19:32:23 »
Dear Friends
1- My sons Meir wedding is on the 19/06/2019 and this gives me a very limited time to return to Israel. I found that there is a train that can carry me and my bike from Dussoldorf Germany that  leave at  20:54 and arrive at 9:15 to Insburk in Austria from there 350 kms to Venice and the ferry to Greece. This saves me one day and 800 kms distance and with this I can be home 3 days before my sons wedding.
2- Because of last years puncture in Greece, does anyone knows of road emergincy service in Europe for bikes coming from outside Europe, giving service in Greece, Italy, Austria, Germany and Denmark.

Hello Jack

I don't use the train in this direction but i use near each year the train like this from Vienna to Hamburg or from Vienna to Livorno and back. I like to travel with this trains because it's save time. But you have to book on time, because the seats on the train for the bikes / cars are limited and well booked. For example for my trip to the VIM i booked the Train from Vienna to Hamburg in the beginning of December. You can start booking 180 days before your travel. One more hint. Any luggage that is not fixed to the motorcycle (bolted) must be taken into the train compartment. Could be a problem with your luggage.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 19:49:18 by Norbert_L »
Best regards
NORBERT_L

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 10:46:44 »
Dear Friends

Regarding roadside assistance: Isn't it covered in your insurance? I know Honda Europe offers this these days for every new bike. Usually they hire local road assistance companies to do the job (for example the German ADAC, Automobielclub Germany, the Dutch ANWB of Route Mobiel, or the British AA). I am a member with Dutch ANWB, they have offered road side assistance through their sister organizations as far as in South Africa, but my insurance offers it too.

Perhaps you should have a chat with your local Israëli Honda agent- or importer? Some travel insurances offering roadside assistance too.

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 21:19:11 »
I know Honda Europe offers this these days for every new bike.

I had ( still have) a 3 years guarantee, assistance (mondial assistance) and maintenance for my AT.  VCIF_salut yours is newer Jack ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal