General Category > General Discussion

This year's vacation need tips

(1/4) > >>

Djairouks:
Hi guys,

After all the crazy months, my plans are now to visit Slovenia, plenty to do there, actually my question
is about Austria on the way.
What places to look at, not even only motorcycle related, I'm a curious man !?

zebulon:
All high alpine roads are stunning: grossclokner etc ...  VCIF_ThumbUp

Snurrepus:
I wish you a good ride!

All our plans for this year had to be cancelled  :'(
Instead of VIM, we visited several places in western and northern Norway - and Spitsbergen.
Tenting in northern Germany last weekend - cancelled.
Camping and hotel tour to UK in September and October is also cancelled.

From next weekend only a few countries are "permitted" to visit for Norwegians. That means less than 20 infected of 100000 citizens.
Finland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Northern and southern Jutland in Denmark is also permitted.
In rest of Europe - and rest of the world - our travel insurances aren't valid, and we have to stay quarantined when we return to Norway.

Djairouks:

--- Quote from: zebulon on August 25, 2020, 19:31:59 ---All high alpine roads are stunning: grossclokner etc ...  VCIF_ThumbUp

--- End quote ---

Sure that's the classic, I was more interested in which cities would be nice !?

--- Quote from: Snurrepus on August 26, 2020, 01:24:32 ---I wish you a good ride!

All our plans for this year had to be cancelled  :'(
Instead of VIM, we visited several places in western and northern Norway - and Spitsbergen.
Tenting in northern Germany last weekend - cancelled.
Camping and hotel tour to UK in September and October is also cancelled.

From next weekend only a few countries are "permitted" to visit for Norwegians. That means less than 20 infected of 100000 citizens.
Finland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Northern and southern Jutland in Denmark is also permitted.
In rest of Europe - and rest of the world - our travel insurances aren't valid, and we have to stay quarantined when we return to Norway.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that's tough sorry you're having so much issues, indeed Switzerland says it's residents should not travel to Norway.

So I thought the safest now, was Austria and Slovenia, further in the Balkans, you then need to go in a 14 days quarantine
when coming back and your employer will not pay you, so better stay away.

Djairouks:
Okay so finally I'm screwed, Austria asks for a negative covid test to pass the border, turns out in my city it costs me
about 190 euros, to get tested... then same thing again for Slovenia because they don't accept validity of test after 36h.

So I'm bummed and thinking what I can do, maybe dolomites, Corsica, will see !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version