Author Topic: Project Honda CB 750 K7 oil spill +?  (Read 24982 times)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Project Honda CB 750 K7 oil spill +?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 15:13:43 »
all shiny and new  VCIF_ThumbUp
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 15:30:47 »
Great update! What are you gonna do with the engine's exterior? New pollish?
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

james.mc

• 2017 CRF1000L DCT
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 04:58:21 »
Hey Bønne!   Great stuff! :)
regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, sold 2013 - Sadly left behind in Europe)

Bønne

• VCIF/HARK.DK/XL-Forum.SE/HVRoN.NO/VUK
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 20:57:14 »
Great update! What are you gonna do with the engine's exterior? New pollish?
Thanks. Well, depends on how it looks when I´ve finnish washing all the dirt off. Originally the block has been painted grey, but to repaint that, the engine would have to be split and I´m not gonna do that. The engine covers was originally polished, but again, depends on how they end up. I do think the cylinder head cover did get quite alright, after all, it´s not a new bike and it won´t end up 100% original anyway, so if I do get a reasonable result, I´ll let it be with that. But washing the engine has been paused for a while, as I had other things to do (e.g. a meeting on Gotland  ;D ), and the frame was at the painter...
Plan your ride, ride your plan.

XL 1000 VA8, Chevalier Silver Metallic

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 16:42:47 »
I wish I had a place to do restorations...  VCIF_ThumbUp
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 23:09:05 »

I have the place, just wish I had the know how!
MrKiwi

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 11:31:11 »

I have the place, just wish I had the know how!
Maybe I can teleport myself ....  8) VCIF_ThumbUp
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Bønne

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2018, 00:21:01 »
Long time, no progress...  ;D

Well, many things has happened since my last post here. Not with the bike, but around me, things that´s been taking my time, Force Majeure, if you want.

The most time consuming thing was that in the summer, my farther got ill and needed more and more help each day. And in October he died, fortunately he managed to spend 4 hours at my sons 18 years birthday party just two weeks before, which both he, my son and I was very grateful for. So, the next month or so, me and my older brother had to take care of all the things that goes with such an "event". At last, when we got finished and handed his apartment over, my daughter finished her studies and moved out of her college room. So... we then spend two weekends getting her things home (and then she took off to Mexico for at least half a year, maybe more ;D ). And the house and garage was now filled up with things and it was getting Christmas, no time and no space for motorcycle building ::)

Now, as the spring is on it´s way (hopefully, as we are still having night frost and snow occasionally ::)), I´ve managed to get some space in the garage again. And... I´ve now invested in a motorcycle-lift, which I believe will be a big help when building the CB 750 again, as many things will be a lot easier when having it in the right working height, and not have to crawl on the floor.

First of all, the engine got up on the lift, so that I can get on with the cleaning:

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2018, 00:53:18 »

You're going to use the Pepsi to clean the engine casing ?

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2018, 00:59:34 »
Hi Bonne
Very sad to hear of your father's passing, I too lost my father recently. Like you I got to see him for a period of time before he passed and value those memories.

Good to see your restoration project getting some of your time again...
MrKiwi

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2018, 22:29:18 »
Long time, no progress...  ;D

Well, many things has happened since my last post here. Not with the bike, but around me, things that´s been taking my time, Force Majeure, if you want.

The most time consuming thing was that in the summer, my farther got ill and needed more and more help each day. And in October he died, fortunately he managed to spend 4 hours at my sons 18 years birthday party just two weeks before, which both he, my son and I was very grateful for. So, the next month or so, me and my older brother had to take care of all the things that goes with such an "event". At last, when we got finished and handed his apartment over, my daughter finished her studies and moved out of her college room. So... we then spend two weekends getting her things home (and then she took off to Mexico for at least half a year, maybe more ;D ). And the house and garage was now filled up with things and it was getting Christmas, no time and no space for motorcycle building ::)

Now, as the spring is on it´s way (hopefully, as we are still having night frost and snow occasionally ::)), I´ve managed to get some space in the garage again. And... I´ve now invested in a motorcycle-lift, which I believe will be a big help when building the CB 750 again, as many things will be a lot easier when having it in the right working height, and not have to crawl on the floor.

First of all, the engine got up on the lift, so that I can get on with the cleaning:

Life goes on. I lost my father 30 years ago VCIF_ThumbUp VCIF_salut
Honda NC700X DCT

Bønne

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 22:34:23 »
Thaks for your sympathy.

You're going to use the Pepsi to clean the engine casing?
No, Stewart, my wife uses it to "clean" her inside...  :o

Well, got a bit of progress this afternoon. My son and I went to the garage, put the engine up on the one end, supported it underneath, and put a thick cloth over and around it.
Then we took the frame and lowered it over the engine. When it was in place, we removed the cloth and put a couple of the engine mount bolts in so we got control on it.

Then I mounted the central stand, this was easier with the frame lying on the side, and then we took the frame/engine and raised it up and supported it while moving the mattress.

So now I just need to mount the rest...  ;D

The reason why the frame looks "dirty", is that I´ve sprayed it with cavity protection into the small holes in the tubes and into the plate reinforcements around the engine mounts and so on. When turning the frame to get into every corner, some of the protection oil ran out again and down the tubes... I´ll deal with that later  ;D

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 11:41:36 »
 VCIF_ThumbUp VCIF_ThumbUp
Honda NC700X DCT

Bønne

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2018, 22:06:45 »
5th of June, our Constitution Day, and the day off to celebrate it. But, also perfect weather and temperatures to spend the day in the garage.
So now the oiltank, the batterybox with new rubbers, the (cleaned) chain and the new swingarm is in place. And the rest of the engine mounting
brackets (though some of the bolts are going to be changed again, when I get some new).

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2018, 11:22:26 »
Nice to see that 'Project 750' is still on. Keep us posted!  VCIF_ThumbUp
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal