Author Topic: Recall on ECM SW  (Read 619 times)

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
Recall on ECM SW
« on: February 27, 2024, 14:54:49 »
Hello friends,

a few days ago I rushed out a red light and I noticed that my front wheel was no longer in touch with the ground. I had wheelie'd  :o

Apparently this is supposed not to be possible, according to a letter I have just received.

It indicates that our AT '22 and '23 must correct an error in the ECM SW that allows wheelies (with the consequent danger of losing control of the bike).

Wonder whether I should set the appointment as asked or just leave things as they are.  8)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Recall on ECM SW
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 13:45:39 »
what can be wrong if you upgrade your SW ?

Go , take an appointment, and be safe !  VCIF_salut

it will take 15/20 minutes, and you will be up to date; I think there are some others improvements, but Honda do not communicate clearly on these points
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 13:15:04 »
You are probably right  :)

Problem is that it means wasting a morning of my life by going to Barcelona, where I bought the bike.  :(

I know I can go to any Honda dealer, including the one in Tarragona, to which I did not buy the bike  :o

Well, I think I will make use of my rights as a customer and go to Tarragona  :)

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 17:44:32 »
I finally went to do the SW update.

I soon noticed that in S mode the bike did no longer bang! as I released the throttle to tackle a corner.

But since then I also noticed a couple of times an unpleasant thing. At some point, the traction light in the dashboard blinks and the bike delivers no power, it feels like "drowned", until you release the throttle and the thing reverts to normal after a couple of eternal seconds.

I was thinking of going to the dealer and ask, But then I took a look at the Spanish forum, and it seems that this is a general problem!

I wonder if any of you has experienced the same thing of knows about it.

Greetings

Josep

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 19:11:28 »
 As said elsewhere, How much do you set your Traction Control to?
I have the same thing by completely disconnecting (T crossed out on the dashboard) (but a priori only on the Jaffereau track  :o ); and Honda knows nothing about it...  ::)

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #5 on: Today at 13:58:01 »
I have 7.
As far as I understand this means that the little dwarfs within the engine control how much of the torque reaches the wheel, depending on whether the wheel slides and your settings (disconnect=all torque, 7=no sliding alowed).

When I could operate the clutch with my left hand, I did this control myself of course, but now with dct I dare not disconnect it.
Maybe I should try something lower than 7. After all I have ridden hundreds of thousand km without torque control, so my instincts may be trained.  8)

Thanks!

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Today at 15:12:55 »
you can try something lower, between 2 and 4 ; if you want to disconnect totally (and slide a lot your rear wheel - as in off roads sections) you've to keep the right arrow pressed, then you've the crossed T lighting on the lower dashboard  VCIF_salut

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal