Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer - Honda's biggest Adventure Tourer > Mechanical

Suspension settings

(1/3) > >>

Jyrays:
Hey, you who had bike longer, what you found as comfortable settings one, two riders and FULLY loaded?

zebulon:
Sure it's depend on how heavy (your pillion) are, how fast you drive, what kind of roads you drive etc ...  ;)

Jyrays:
fast on bad road with heavy loads  8)

just give me some samples?

zebulon:
I've not a Crosstourer but a varadero .... And I do not do it scientificaly .... But on feelings  8)
2 or 3 harder with my pillion and 5 more with luggages. I think I will touch expanding also now, it begin to be be a little bit tired .

TiuSo:
Hi,

first: check this forum: http://www.crosstourer.com
it is active in Crosstourer, this forum is not...

I did not like the harshness on the front end, and the weaving in tarmac in high speeds (only in high speeds and loaded, or in track) (mokoma vaappuu...)
I took nearly all the preload away in front (preload nut fully anti-clockwise) --> try some one or two turns closwise from there if it is too soft, and adjusted rebound damping  4 click from full (4 clicks anti-clockwise). Back end rebound damping (screw at the bottom of the shock) something like 7/8 open from fully clockwise, and preload (from the knob) fully clockwise and then 5 or 7 clicks open.

Finally, I took mine to Huoltokaksikko, Jämsä, Finland --> JP re-shimmed the front end --> result: very good, no harshness but still resilient to bottoming at front (like endure-bike; initial resistance to moving is minimal) --> and to weaving is gone (although not being able to test it on the track yet). I weight approx. 110 kg, and the bike is 2012 DCT version.
Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me in case you want to have more on subject...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version