Author Topic: My 2017 Africa Twin DCT - Finally got my hands on it! :)  (Read 5858 times)

james.mc

• 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Re: My 2017 Africa Twin DCT - Finally got my hands on it! :)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 23:37:33 »
What other farkles are you considering installing on the bike?

I like the look of those panniers btw.

Mechanical
I'm thinking bar risers as I find the riding position tilted too far forward when seated and tend to be reaching down a little too much when stood up on the tiny pegs... which might also get swapped out.

Tyres
More agressive tyres will also be on the cards as some point.  Either 70/30 or 60/40 depending on whether I am trying to kid myself how much time I am actually going to ride on unmade roads and tracks.
I've seen ADV bikes on the island that look like they have never been off tarmac but they have 50/50's on!

Electrics
Need to get into extending the Electrics so will most likely install an PC8 Eastern Beaver 8-way unit under the rear seat.  Also need to set up easy access jump starting cables under the seat as I have a backup battery pack.  After all there is no way of bump starting a DCT that I know of and the battery is a pig to get at if you need to jump start it ever.  I've got a few options in my mind that I need to consider before installing the jumper cables permanently to the battery.
Will also be adding extra lights to the RockFox crash bars.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 17:22:08 by james.mc »
regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, sold 2013 - Sadly left behind in Europe)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal