Author Topic: Hi from London, Ontario, Canada  (Read 1772 times)

Craig

• HAR Member
    • Stressed Out Solutions International Inc.
Hi from London, Ontario, Canada
« on: January 03, 2021, 01:53:23 »
New to riding and probably not the greatest first bike for a newbie: 2016 AT w DCT. Long story, emotional decision, had no idea how different two wheels are than four. Or two wheels that weigh over 500 lbs versus one of my several bicycles. Crashed after 60 days, dislocated ankle and broke leg. That actually wasn't such a bad thing. Forced me to live on the couch reading and learning how to ride a bike. Now a devotee of Fast Eddie's MotoJitsu philosophy of "Shut up and Practice". Still have a long way to go, but fantastic distraction during Covid-19. Hope to take several schools next Spring Summer and get more off road education and experience. Hooking up with many Dual Sport clubs and looking forward to getting more comfortable off road.

Cheers Craig, aka Pokey
2016 AT - possibly the 11th one made
Shut up and Practice

SB

• Administrator
Re: Hi from London, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:48:52 »

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Hope you're back in the saddle before too long.

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 00:04:32 »
 :welcome: Craig on this forum; AT 16 is not so difficult bike, but I can understand if it is your first one; better way to learn is to practice, sure you can find some advices in "littérature" but "The counselors are not payers"  :D sure some lessons or trainings can be beneficial.
Nice if you can share your off road experiences !  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Craig

• HAR Member
    • Stressed Out Solutions International Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 03:00:12 »
Got back on the bike 3.5 months after crash. Been practicing every day the roads are clear here. I have a parking lot and a quiet industrial area where I practice. With "lock down" and the hospitals full, I don't want to let me or "Stupid" take me out and end up back in the hospital. So I stay off the roads as much as possible.

Reading Lee Parks Total Control version 2, read MotoJitsu two books, and practice the White Belt drills. Watched hundreds of videos, however, I know nothing beats real live riding.

Not sure what you mean by my off road experiences, unless you mean description of crash. Which I'm happy to explain as much as I can, but I didn't want to bore or take up bandwidth about me.

Thanks for the welcome gents, I hope you are well and safe.
Cheers Craig, aka Pokey
2016 AT - possibly the 11th one made
Shut up and Practice

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 10:07:09 »
Welcome!
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 13:52:15 »
Hello Craig;

Not sure what you mean by my off road experiences, unless you mean description of crash. Which I'm happy to explain as much as I can, but I didn't want to bore or take up bandwidth about me.

No do not mean, description of the crash (sorry, frenchies have poor experience with languages  ;) but I try my best since years), but seems you have a lot of gravels roads in your country, and can be interresting for us, to better know your country  VCIF_salut you can also post in this thread !

The question can be a little bit sarcastic as some members have ask to stop "off-roads subjects" on this forum (historical Varadero forum)... result is we've lost all @T posters (previously varadero's riders); and I'm very sad of this situation  :'(
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal