Author Topic: Anakee 3  (Read 20472 times)

djcat

• HAR Member
Re: Anakee 3
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 15:04:47 »
I got Anakee 3s on my bike and I can't complain. I use my bike for commuting mostly in all weather conditions on the motorway and in the city. Never felt as if they were about to loose grip even in downpour conditions.

Tyres still look good and the rear is only now starting to show the first signs of wear after 7000km (I am in the UK, but the bike got km tacho). That might be more because I don't do much fun riding on it though...

What is the speed index H or V?

V

Tonyco

• Honda Rider
    • www.tonyco.net
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 15:32:45 »
Here are my Anakee 3 after 11 000 km.
It seems that front tire is about 40 % of its life, but back tire is 50 % of its life. Back tire has more life than the front it is strange. I ride normal without hard stopping. The tires are very nice and I am very happy with them. This one on the pictures are H speed index. Now I change them with the same model but with V speed index because there was one set in the shop. I change them earlier because I will travel 6000 km to Russia next month and I need to be sure I will not need to buy new tires there :).

Athanman

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 16:12:23 »
Here are my Anakee 3 after 11 000 km.
It seems that front tire is about 40 % of its life, but back tire is 50 % of its life. Back tire has more life than the front it is strange. I ride normal without hard stopping. The tires are very nice and I am very happy with them. This one on the pictures are H speed index. Now I change them with the same model but with V speed index because there was one set in the shop. I change them earlier because I will travel 6000 km to Russia next month and I need to be sure I will not need to buy new tires there :).

Not bad at all my friend . Generally the fact that expands or shortens the life of a tire is the appropriate use from you (the motorbiker) , for instance motorbikes full loaded with very low pressure tires , its obviously that the tires wont last for long! We all know that there are some standards that every tire has specific ''milleage'' of life BUT those standards are depending under what circumstances the tire is been used . I dont know if you ever been before in Russia but im kindly asking you to share with us as soon as you come back from your trip , all the details from your trip. (routes - terrain conditions - sightseeings ... ). Looking forward to hear your report mate .
PS:There is no hell and heaven in choosing a tire , for instance if you ask 10 people who owned the same moto model about which is the appropriate tire for their moto , you will hear 10 different opinions! All have different preferences and standards on their minds and thats why some blame  and some other worship a specific brand of tires ... all depends on what the rider has on his mind  . ;)

Jokern

• HAR Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 20:49:28 »
Tomorrow i`ll change my tire from Anakee 2 to Anakee 3  ;)

Hopefully i`ll be satisfy with  this change  :D

As you all can see, there is more to ride on this rubber...  ;D
But i would like to have fresh tire when i go to Norway  ;)
www.jokern.eu
Instagram : jokerns_place
Everyday is a Honda(y)
------------------------------------------------------------

Jasper

• 2017 AT DCT - Red
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 21:14:37 »
I'm almost ready to change my Anakee 3's for a new set (also V rated)
I've squeezed about 14k kms out of this set
The front is now at the wear bars and the rear is very square and at the wear bars ...but still plenty of chunky rubber at the sides
Riding on wet and greasy roads yesterday with no problems.
Overall a good tyre and, for me, no reason to change manufacturer (for road and good gravel)
As noted before, the front tyre appears to wear at the same rate as the rear. I remember years ago it was 1 front for 2 rear tyres!
I'll post pics if I remember...

@Jokern
I guess the studded tyres in the photo aren't off the bike ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 21:17:33 by Jasper »
2017 Africa Twin DCT (Ruby), 2009 Varadero (Jasper), 1981 Suzuki GS750 (non-runner)

Jokern

• HAR Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 21:57:32 »
@Jokern
I guess the studded tyres in the photo aren't off the bike ;D

Not yet  ;D
Maybe next winter.... ;D
It could work...!!!
www.jokern.eu
Everyday is a Honda(y)

Madero

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 22:20:46 »
Looking forward to hear your experiences with the 3 compared to the 2 !

Still fancy these tyres to replace my Pilot Road 3 when coming back from Geiranger  :)

Btw: what tools do you use to get the old ones off and the new ones on?
Are you gonna balance them (by yourself)?

Jokern

• HAR Member
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 22:40:26 »

No i`m not gonna do it my self..
I`ll take them to the mechanic nearby my job and leave them in the morning for later to pick them up before i drive home after work  ;)
That will cost me about €45 for both tire  ::) 8)
www.jokern.eu
Everyday is a Honda(y)

Madero

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 22:44:30 »

No i`m not gonna do it my self..
I`ll take them to the mechanic nearby my job and leave them in the morning for later to pick them up before i drive home after work  ;)
That will cost me about €45 for both tire  ::) 8)

;D
Great solution!

Tonyco

• Honda Rider
    • www.tonyco.net
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 09:11:41 »

Not bad at all my friend . Generally the fact that expands or shortens the life of a tire is the appropriate use from you (the motorbiker) , for instance motorbikes full loaded with very low pressure tires , its obviously that the tires wont last for long! We all know that there are some standards that every tire has specific ''milleage'' of life BUT those standards are depending under what circumstances the tire is been used . I dont know if you ever been before in Russia but im kindly asking you to share with us as soon as you come back from your trip , all the details from your trip. (routes - terrain conditions - sightseeings ... ). Looking forward to hear your report mate .
PS:There is no hell and heaven in choosing a tire , for instance if you ask 10 people who owned the same moto model about which is the appropriate tire for their moto , you will hear 10 different opinions! All have different preferences and standards on their minds and thats why some blame  and some other worship a specific brand of tires ... all depends on what the rider has on his mind  . ;)

Yes you are right for 10 people and 10 different opinions. I am very happy with this Anakee 3 and I will continue to use them.
I am not go to Russia before, this will be my first trip. Me and my wife will be on Varadero and one GS1200 friend will travel with us. We will go trough Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Belarus, Moscow, St. Petersburg and back trough Estonia, Latvia, Litva. Last year 3 bikes travel to Ukraine (Odessa and Krimea) and I am very happy with travel on east. I have nice itinerary for last year trip on my website but it is on Bulgarian language if you can use google translator you can see it: http://www.tonyco.net/patepis/Ukraine_08_06_2013.html . I will do the same for Russia but on Bulgarian language, I will try to share here on English some key moment.

For tire change I remove wheels from the bike in my garage, than go with the car to one tire service that deal with motorcycle tires (not to much in Bulgaria) they change tire on the rims and balance them on special balance machine witch is for motorcycle tires. I wait 15 - 20 minutes and the tires are ready and go back to garage and put them on the bike. The service took for one wheel change with balance 6 EUR, 12 EUR for two tires :). I notice that last time the guy put rear tire on the rim and when put on balance machine the tire wants 70 gr so this was too much and the guy remove again the tire and turn it around the rim than put again on the balance machine and now it was 35 gr, so the tire service is best one in Sofia and they do the job well, in some other tire services they will put you 70 gr and let you go away instead to try to remount the tire.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:55:44 by Tonyco »

Athanman

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 11:30:38 »
Tonyco if you live in Southern Bulgaria then you can cross the border and drive to Thessaloniki.There you will find so many moto tire dealers,moto service and surely cheaper prices. If you GOOGLE you will find everything you need. About Romania -Slovakia and Poland if you need any infos please dont hesitated to ask.

PS:Be extra careful and check it twice before you start your trip to ukraine (odessa and krimea ) .The situation up there is really ''hot'' and obviously tourists must be extra carefull under those circumstances . ;)

**GRETINGS FROM GREECE**

Tonyco

• Honda Rider
    • www.tonyco.net
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 11:54:25 »
Thanks,
I am from Sofia. The trip to Ukraine was last year (2013) you can check the link that I send you in my previous post. Now for Russia we will not go trough Ukraine, we will go trough Belarus. Thanks for help. I travel a lot in Greece past years especially with motorcycle. Me and my family really like Thassos and  we go there on tents often :).

Jokern

• HAR Member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 22:25:10 »
NOW...!!!
On Friday i`m gonna test the new tire  ;)

I put on stripes to  ;D

So NORWAY......!!!! Here i come..
www.jokern.eu
Everyday is a Honda(y)

Madero

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 23:28:09 »
Striping and tyres are looking nice Jokern!
Lots of safe kilometers with them!
 :)

Jasper

• 2017 AT DCT - Red
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 02:35:26 »
I'm sure you will be pleased with the Anakee 3's and the stripes look good!  (Now that's idea...Repaint the wheels and add stripes)
Where can you get colour matched stripes?

For balancing, I use Dynabeads for two reasons:
1. Curiosity ...but they appear to have worked!  ...I'll see if I can "recycle" them after this tyre change?
2. I don't trust the balancing by our local garage (~$50 to fit both tyres and they do a quick and good job)

For Dirt Bikes with spoke wheels, I balance them myself. I used old lead weights from cars wheels....
2017 Africa Twin DCT (Ruby), 2009 Varadero (Jasper), 1981 Suzuki GS750 (non-runner)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal