Author Topic: French regulation - Gloves  (Read 7654 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: French regulation - Gloves
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 13:27:53 »
If you think it cannot be useful for members, just delete !  VCIF_ok
Yes one post was opened for Norway rules http://honda-adventure-riders.com/index.php?topic=345.0, sorry it was by me ...
Yes a lot of people riding thru France and do you really analyse all the rules you have to follow before you go? think you will be angry to let some €uros to the police instead of drink them ... So yes I've opened some posts...
Yes some people want to ride thru Russia for next VIM, yes we can find lot of information on the net; but is it not best to share with residents or neighbors who know the area ?   yes, I've again opened a post  :-[

I think it is easier and more friendship to share with friends here then to try to found alone (some times false http://honda-adventure-riders.com/index.php?topic=652.0) informations on the net

Yes we can stop to share, but what is the interest of such a forum ? what is enough interesting to decide to share or not ?

Notice I've not shared any of the 15000km I've done with my fantastic bike these last months...  8) not sure beautiful places we've seen can interest somebody here  VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 14:25:27 »
I too agree we should keep posting about parts, accessories or solutions to problems, but also about regulations, routes & places, pictures and everything that may contribute to make our biking experiences more safe and enjoyable.

On the other hand, unlike other forums, we are a family and we don't create lots of posts (which in other forums makes it hard to find the interesting bits within lots of rubbish)  :)

Regards,

Josep

Varareco

• VCIF Member Tri-Colour 2006 Varadero
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 17:32:35 »
I think it's a good idea to have a separate 'specific national road safety rules' section for country specific laws. Will it have sub folders within it for different countries? 
To have 'local knowledge' of the rules and regulations and just how strictly they may be implemented is invaluable.

Anyway, back on topic:

New glove law. Surely there is no argument whether we should or should not wear gloves! Like ALL sensible riders, I would not dream of riding without them. I do not need a law telling me to do so. In my opinion, there are other road regulations in France that need addressing like 'priorité a droite' what's that all about?
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 19:19:21 »
Will it have sub folders within it for different countries? 

Good idea, and yes that's what I thought about how it could/should be.

Not being an admin and not wanna underhole admins authority  VCIF_ok VCIF_ok VCIF_ok.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer alias meine dicke

PS: If there is sth. important to post from the German regulation flood I shall feel free to inform the readership.
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 141.000)

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 19:37:39 »
<Feel free to open new thread in this section; we will open sub-section if necessary ;)>

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 08:45:19 »
Anyway, back on topic:

New glove law. Surely there is no argument whether we should or should not wear gloves! Like ALL sensible riders, I would not dream of riding without them. I do not need a law telling me to do so. In my opinion, there are other road regulations in France that need addressing like 'priorité a droite' what's that all about?

Having worked in various road safety roles over the years, I can tell you that many people do not follow the all the gear all the time philosophy many of us do.

More to the point, I would have thought that if you always wear gloves then why worry about whther or not France has mandated it, you'll never have to pay any Euro's to the government.

My experience though is some poeple need telling what to do for their own sake. I don't like it that this needs to be done, but safety stats and medical costs don't lie...

MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 09:03:01 »
there are other road regulations in France that need addressing like 'priorité a droite' what's that all about?

What kind of problem have you with it? If some, we can discuss elsewhere ?...   VCIF_salut

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 09:12:19 »

safety stats and medical costs don't lie...

96.245% of all statistics are untrue  ;D

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2016, 11:20:07 »

safety stats and medical costs don't lie...

96.245% of all statistics are untrue  ;D
  Ha ha ha, if you say so...
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Varareco

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 18:19:00 »
Anyway, back on topic:

Having worked in various road safety roles over the years, I can tell you that many people do not follow the all the gear all the time philosophy many of us do.

More to the point, I would have thought that if you always wear gloves then why worry about whther or not France has mandated it, you'll never have to pay any Euro's to the government.

My experience though is some poeple need telling what to do for their own sake. I don't like it that this needs to be done, but safety stats and medical costs don't lie...

The problem with laws like this one is.....where do they stop?
Riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous, will it end with them eventually banning motorcycles altogether?
I think that educating car drivers would have a greater effect on the stats. Perhaps they should be made to ride a scooter around town for a week to understand how vulnerable us two wheelers are!

For those that choose not to wear the correct gear, Darwins theory will take care of them.

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2016, 18:25:09 »
I think that educating car drivers would have a greater effect on the stats. Perhaps they should be made to ride a scooter around town for a week to understand how vulnerable us two wheelers are!

Sure ! but how much would it cost !!!  ;D and how much may report such a law  ;D  ;D  ;D

ubertourer

• HAR Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 19:55:00 »
so I can carry on in just my t-shirt then.....

Varareco

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2016, 13:46:45 »
so I can carry on in just my t-shirt then.....

Just as long as it isn't a V neck.....those bugs hurt. And don't forget your gloves. ::)

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 15:40:31 »
For those that choose not to wear the correct gear, Darwins theory will take care of them.

VCIF_ThumbUp  ;D ;D
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal