Honda CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin - Honda's latest Adventure Bike > CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin tyre centre

Avon TrekRider tire

(1/3) > >>

MrKiwi:
Hi
I'm about to fit the Avon TrekRider tire to the rear of my AT. I'll let your know what I think of the tire once I have given it a good test.

Hopefully, if I can source the tire, it will be fitted next week.

In November I will head off for a 5 day tour, all on tarmac, so will be a good test of the 50/50 tire for normal tarmac road duty. I'll give it a burst on gravel sometime soon too.

MrKiwi:
Hit my first snag!

The recommended tire size for the rear of the AT is 150/70 18 whereas I can only get a 140/80 18 trekrider tire in NZ.

Looks like I can't fit it, or do any of you think the 140/80 will fit OK?

superfunkomatic:
Yes. I had one on my bike. Fits perfectly. No issues. Different sidewall height, same tube size (fits better) and great tire. In the other thread I mentioned the longevity of the tire and its characteristics.

MrKiwi:

--- Quote from: superfunkomatic on October 03, 2017, 03:18:26 ---Yes. I had one on my bike. Fits perfectly. No issues. Different sidewall height, same tube size (fits better) and great tire. In the other thread I mentioned the longevity of the tire and its characteristics.

--- End quote ---

This was fitted to an AT or the Varadero?

zebulon:
<superfunkomatic have an AT (too?); nice to have your profile updated please >

Feel free to open a new thread in AT section as said by MrKiwi... easier to find information later  VCIF_ok

@ superfunkomatic have you done a few off-road with it? and if yes what kind? thx  VCIF_salut

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version