Honda CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin - Honda's latest Adventure Bike > CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin tyre centre

AT puncture problem

(1/4) > >>

Jack Sawdayee:
Since I recieved my new AT the problem of puncture fixing toubles me because there is the inner tube,
A crazy idea came to me and I would like to discuss it with you.
What happens if I drill another hole in the wheel ring put two inner tubes. the hole is for inserting the sencond inner tube inflating pipe.
It is possibel to not inflate one of the inner tubes and leave it without air untill you have a puncture then you inflate the second undamage inner tube, or it is possibel to inflate both and if you have a puncture just add air to the undamaged inner tube.
what do you think,
Do you recommend for me to test that.

MrKiwi:
two tubes won't work. You can convert the rims to tubeless.

MrKiwi:
here's a link to a product some have used with good success.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRF1000L-Africa-Twin-Spoke-Wheel-Tubeless-Kit-21-2-15-18-4-00-MT-FR21214-/291698243582

See also discussion in this thread - http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/new-africa-twin-tubeless.1194486/

Tarwdu:
I know this post will not be very usefull but what the hell were Honda thinking when they decided to use tube type wheels.
I have had my doubts about several issues already on the AT and this takes it even further to say that this is a low budget bike.
The question to ask, Are tube type wheels cheaper to produce?
Unlike past Honda production this one may be a white elephant!

MrKiwi:

--- Quote from: Tarwdu on December 29, 2016, 18:39:27 ---I know this post will not be very usefull but what the hell were Honda thinking when they decided to use tube type wheels.
I have had my doubts about several issues already on the AT and this takes it even further to say that this is a low budget bike.
The question to ask, Are tube type wheels cheaper to produce?
Unlike past Honda production this one may be a white elephant!

--- End quote ---

Because on gravel if your rim gets dented tubes are better. The correct answer to this is six of one half a dozen of the other when weighing up pros and cons for tubed versus tubeless. Remember this bike is designed specifically for both gravel and paved roads, it was the gravel bit Honda is mindful of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version