Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer - Honda's biggest Adventure Tourer > Mechanical

Q for experts: rear brake handlebar lever feasible?

(1/2) > >>

JosepM:
Title says it all: can a CT DCT have a rear brake handlebar lever installed?

It's an idea of mine, because my Vara is getting old, because everybody seems to be happy with CT DCT  ;) and because I need better control to the rear brake than provided by the "hidden" foot lever CT DCT has.

Thanks,

Josep

zebulon:
Strange question Josep  ;) seems it will be very difficult due to combined brake (if I understand the question ...  :-\ ) Do you want to change the foot lever by a hand one ???

JosepM:
If necessary, I wouldn't mind to replace the foot pedal by a handlebar lever. It should operate the same way, and I believe that SilverWing scooter has combined brakes as well.

My problem is my garage. It's got a steep entrance and I have to enter the Varadero backwards; I use the rear brake and have the bike in first gear (motor off) just in case I need to put both feet on the ground.
This operation looks to me difficult with an automatic bike and a "hidden" brake pedal.

Regards,

Josep

zebulon:
Remember you have the park brake on left hand on the CT DCT... Can't it help you???
The other solution is to change the garage  ;D

Two Plugs:
Why aren't you using the front brake when moving the bike backwards in your garage? Seems odd to use the rear (foot) brake...
With the engine switched off and in 1st gear you have your 'emergency' stop as well.

PS I have seen and monitored the local situation ;) And even sticking out about a meter above Josep, I would prefer to keep both feet solid on the ground parking the bike here!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version