Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer - Honda's biggest Adventure Tourer > Mechanical

Crosstourer fuel consumption

(1/2) > >>

JosepM:

--- Quote from: MrKiwi ---
>"I have been using fuelly for the last 4,000km for my CT. 
>The average fuel consumption across all road types, including twisty gravel roads, is 5.4L/100km = 18.6km/L."

--- End quote ---

A couple of days ago I started my own experiment on the subject. I filled the tank up to the tin thing and put the partial odometer to 0. Fuel gauge showed five black squares.

43.5 km later, squares became four.
At 101 km, they became three.
At 155 km, two.
Finally, at 221, one and blinking. The countdown said I had fuel left for 60 km (I was riding behind a slow truck at that moment, so it kept saying 60 for 3 km).

At 229 km, I refueled: 15.78 l.

So, fuel consumption in these km ridden at a "fun pace" for the most part was 6.9 l/100 km, or 14.5 km/l. Slightly higher than the 6.66 l/100 km that I used to have on my Vara. In my case, then, switching from a Varadero to a Crosstourer has increased my fuel consumption some 3.5%.

On the other hand, I can estimate there is room for 15.25 l in the tank in the exact moment that the gauge starts to blink. If the 21.5 l of total capacity is true, this leaves over 6 l on the reserve, or over 85 km for a consumption like mine.

Maybe Jack, who's done a lot of  km on CT, could provide other figures.

One last comment about my fuel consumption. Whenever I've ridden abroad I found it dropped some 10%. I thought it was because of the different riding style (abroad means with pillion, then slower  ;) ), but maybe your fuels out there are of better quality.  ;D

Greetings,

Josep

Varareco:
Great report. Thanks Josep.
221kms = 137miles that really is poor for a touring bike. I appreciate that you would need a rest after 221kms but it makes it difficult to plan routes in isolated locations without carrying spare fuel.

aboynamedsue:
I did a similar experiment with my Varadero. I filled her literally to the top  and then rode her until the light came on telling me I had 30 miles left , then I looked for a filling station and promptly filled her again and so on and so on. This went on for about a week. I have absolutely no idea how much fuel I used or exactly how many miles I covered  but I know one thing I love riding this machine. VCIF_ok

Jyrays:
I made 380 km wit pillion...

superfunkomatic:
That fuel consumption sounds a bit high.
Current Varadero tank (city riding/freeway) - 6.02 l/100 km, 413 km, 24.9 litres to fill (almost ran out).
Wind and riding styles can really affect fuel consumption.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version