Author Topic: VIM 19 Booking  (Read 3317 times)

SB

• Administrator
VIM 19 Booking
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:25:47 »

We have some problems with organising the bookings for VIM19 at a local level the same way that we have for previous events.

Rather than cancelling the event it may be possible to organise VIM19 along less formal lines.

If you would like to attend VIM19 in Gotland, Sweden on June 3rd - June 5th 2017 and are happy to make your own bookings and pay the venue directly please send me and email to admin@vim19.com including your forum name.

Depending on the number of people who want one we may or may not be able to offer T-shirts etc. If you would be happy to pay separately in advance for a VIM19 T-shirt pleas also mention this in your email.

Thanks
SB

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
Re: VIM 19 Booking
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:41:38 »
Hey? What is going on? Can you explain for us mortals too?
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:52:58 »
Hey? What is going on? Can you explain for us mortals too?

Most people don't appreciate how much time and effort it takes to organise a VIM meeting.

We have had several occasions in recent years where people have volunteered to organise a VIM but have struggled or backed out as we get nearer to the event.

When this has happened in the past it has been possible for other forum members to step in and run the event.

As I mentioned below the local organisers of VIM19  are having some difficulties and, due to the location, language and currency issues, I don't think we can be confident that the event will be a success if we try to organise it as we have in the past.

I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion on why or how. I just want to find out if people would be happy to attend VIM19 with the arrangements outlined below.

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 17:42:09 »

OK we now have some more content on the VIM19 website.

If you want to register Please send an email to admin@vim19.com

I'll lock this topic for now.

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 21:36:14 »
We have now added some information on booking accommodation on the VIM19 website.

We have decided to ask those attending VIM19 to book their accommodation and ferry directly with the resort.

We will add more information on booking group meals and ordering T-shirts to the website later on this week.

If you have registered on the VIM19 website and cant see the booking page then you have probably not filled in all the information on your profile section (the email address box in the Ecommerce section records whatever you save but does not show it, don't worry about this box).

If you have completed your profile section and still cant see the booking pages please contact admin@vim19.com.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 23:16:26 by Two Plugs »

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 17:26:35 »
New page added to the website showing details of those who have booked meals and shirts.

If you have booked and paid please check your details on the page and email admin@vim19.com if anything is wrong.

Thanks
SB

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 13:58:47 »
If anyone still has to pay the Sundersand Resort and does not want to use Direct bank transfer you can do the following :

Phone the resort (they speak good English), quote your Invoice number and tell them you want to pay by credit card.

They will send you a link to sign up for PASON (the Swedish paypal) and a second link to make the payment.

Use the links and pay by card.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal