Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer - Honda's biggest Adventure Tourer > Crosstourer accessories, parts and home brew

Which Seat?

(1/3) > >>

Big Bob:
Hi folks,

First post here.  High everyone.  VCIF_salut

I'm after some advice.

I need to  replace the seat on the CT.

Being from Australia I have to get get one from a manufacturer who does their own bases.

So the choice is Top Sellerie or Touratech

Normally I'd go for Touratech as their quality is great.  But the problem is I'm are bargearse at 160kg so I have doubts that the TT one will handle that.  Where as Top Sellerie assure me they can come up with a stiffer foam.

But googling it seems the Top Sellerie quality is hit & miss.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob.

zebulon:
Hello Big Bob and welcome here  VCIF_salut
Sure one of the best is sellerie Briant . Not sure they can make without your own base ( or you have to manage one old one, elsewhere - I had the same problem when I want some saddle for VCIM17 raffle) .
IMO Touratech can also make the job, but it will not be so hand-made and adapted as Briant's.
 VCIF_ok

Two Plugs:
Have you considered Corbin?

But the best way to save both money and your rear parts...:
Just do a google on a local car upholstery company. They will be able to do the job for you for just a fraction of the price with excellent results. You could even include a gellpath underneath the seatcover.

My Varadero saddle will be modified this winter by a local company (had my previous one done, and recently the saddle of a Transalp 600)

Jyrays:
I had Topsellerie gel seat but I am not as heavy as you. Not very small neither :) I was very happy with it. They ask your weight and height when ordering it.

CT original seat is too square!

JosepM:
I too had my seat gel padded by a local upholsterer. Because, yes, it was too square in the not so long run.

He even used the original "outer material", so the job was cheaper but of course lacks the visual impact of the aforementioned top sellerie or sellerie Bryant creations.

So, it's your choice. A professional should know how to handle your requirements in comfort and finish.

Good luck,

Josep

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version