Author Topic: VCIM16: Geiranger, Norway... About Your journey & Safe arrival back home  (Read 18428 times)

Bønne

• VCIF/HARK.DK/XL-Forum.SE/HVRoN.NO/VUK
Henning (Schou) and I arrived home today around 7 pm.

10 days and 4529 km, mostly on wonderful norwegian roads, but also some boring swedish
motorway and a bit of danish (roads ;) ).

Now, while writing this, I´m enjoying a "Lundetangen", one of the best norwegian pilsners ;D

When I get sorted out all my pictures I´ll post a travel report.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 20:38:12 by Bønne »
Plan your ride, ride your plan.

XL 1000 VA8, Chevalier Silver Metallic

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
Reached the homestead in the afternoon together with Hendrik. Decided to do the motorway from the Ferry terminal in Hirtshals all the way south to Ommelanderwijk. Had a lovely stay halfway at Hotel www.hotel-Bussmann.de in Wallsbüll just across the Danish-German border. Really recommend that place! Fantastic rooms, great service and fantastic kitchen for an affordable price.

The biggest surprise of the last 2 days on the motorway... Mighty White's thirst, or better... lack of it. Cruising at 130 km/h with full luggage, and a very annoying gusty headwind I managed to do an average of 17 km to one litre fuel! Incredible! On my previous '04 the fuellight went on at 300 km, on this one I only refuelled as precaution at 380 (!) km to discover that I still was one litre away before the fuel light would switch on.

Biggest insult for my little bro Hendrik... at a lunchbrake at an Danish motorway station, he was adressed by a fellow- German biker on a BMuu RT... Conversation went like this... "Wow, you have done some mods to your bike, replaced the full exhaust system and the bottom fairing"... Hendrik... Have a closer look to the panniers (the only place on the Trophy SE where the Triumph logo is shown)... German biker: "Are those after marked panniers?" Untill today, the poor bastard still thinks he caught some kinda new BMuu tourer prototype, hahaha!
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

martin visser

• HAR Member
Karinda and Martin arrived fridaynight at our home.
We had a marvelous vacation and like to thank the organisation of the VCIM 16 again for al the works the had done to please al the participants.
We have seen a lot of nice places and buildings, but the best memories we will not forget is the amaizing nature of Norway.
Eric and AnneGro and orgateam, thanks for all the support during this journey.

Regards,

Karinda en Martin.

Nugget

• HAR Member
Today at 8.44 am Wolf and I arrived in Vienna with the car train from Hamburg.
5.100 km Hamburg - Hamburg via the most stunning norwegian landscape.

It was great seeing you all again !

As soon as we - like everybody else  8) - have sorted out the photos and videos we will post them here.

Nugget - Barbara
I ride the little sister - the green TA650
Been to nearly all vim from 2001-2013 (except 2011)

Madero

Yvonne and I just arrived home safely after riding the last 600 km from Danmark in the most beautiful sunny weather!

Thanks very much to the complete orga-team, especially Erik and Annegro, for organizing this years VCIM at Geiranger! There could not be a better way than this to present the beauty and hospitality of Norway! What a stunning country! We surely will come back for another visit!

Also thanks to all the participants for their companionship and support that made this VCIM an unforgettable experience for the both of us!

Hope to meet you all again another time!

Best regards,
Jos & Yvonne

BARKAS

• HAR Member
Hei! Anna and Barkas just ariived home. We had some rest in Vilnius with our old friend. 5800 km riding and more than 1000 km on ferries (it was a new attraction for us  8) )
Many thanks to Eric, Annegro and orgteam for hospitality, amazing tours, grate organization. Many thanks to all participators.
We hope to see you.

Steve Mayhew

• HAR Member
Arrived home on Saturday 5pm Janet and I had a fantastic  time so thank you Eric & Ann and your team for making it so special.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Steve Mayhew

stoldar

• Varadero Club Poland
Hi, I confirm that all of the Polish team already reaching their homes. Thank you for showing the beautiful surrounding area. How do I make a movie that I present all the way to the VCIM16.
Yours, Dariusz "stoldar"

VaraJochen

• HAR Member
After a beautiful trip through Sweden and after more than 4800km I arrived back at home on Saturday night.
Thanks to Erik, Anne-Gro and their Orga-Team for presenting us a superb meeting.
Thanks also to all the participants for making this event unforgetable.

Hope to see you again at a VIM

Jochen

Bønne

• VCIF/HARK.DK/XL-Forum.SE/HVRoN.NO/VUK
The biggest surprise of the last 2 days on the motorway... Mighty White's thirst, or better... lack of it. Cruising at 130 km/h with full luggage, and a very annoying gusty headwind I managed to do an average of 17 km to one litre fuel!
I have to say that I´m not surprised ;D. Remember, the 6 th. gear is an overdrive, guess your ´04 was just 5 speed.

Driving around in Denmark I normally do between 18 and 20 km on 1 l. fuel. Carrying luggage or driving 140 km/h or more, it can go down to 17-17,5/l.
On our way from Geiranger and further on, I know that on at least one tank of fuel I did 21 km/l., and my average consumption on the whole ride was 18,34 km/l.
Normally I would have expected a little higher average, as driving mountainroads in Norway stretches the fuel a bit, but as I´m still running
my PowerCommander in, it got to much fuel in some areas. I did some adjustments along the trip, and continued after I came home, so it´s running better now ;D. But more about that later in another topic when I get satisfied with my mapping (if I´ll ever be  ;D ).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 20:40:51 by Bønne »
Plan your ride, ride your plan.

XL 1000 VA8, Chevalier Silver Metallic

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
After a beautiful trip through Sweden and after more than 4800km I arrived back at home on Saturday night.
Thanks to Erik, Anne-Gro and their Orga-Team for presenting us a superb meeting.
Thanks also to all the participants for making this event unforgetable.

Hope to see you again at a VIM

Jochen

Welcome to the forum!  ;D  ::)
Want to see those axes you bought.

steve razor

• domo arigatou gozaimasu
me and cap arrived safely home 19th june at 22.00 hrs. visited nordkapp as planned. didn't plan for bike recoveries, losing companions,bald tyres ( down to metal banding), etc.. many thanks to eric, his wife,hotel staff and all the helpers on the trip...a brilliant trip ( though a tad expensive at £7 a can of lager ! )...
snatch a kiss,,,,or vice versa.

steve razor

• domo arigatou gozaimasu
pokemi,
i put 2 new michelin pilot 4 trail tyres on my vara at the start of the trip, & after over 4000 miles, there is still plenty of tread left, although the rear is squared a bit due to the straight roads in sweden & the E roads. i also took it off road on mud tracks & gravel & they performed very well..it was my mates tyres that wore down & they weren't new at start of trip...good luck on your trip..it's a very long way !..steve.
snatch a kiss,,,,or vice versa.

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
We've done 6612 km ≈ 390 km per day ; we've gone up (and down) 76 152m ≈ 4500m ( & 4500 down)/ day   ::)
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23

I'm now worried if my brand spanking new tires won't last the 10K trip to nordkapp and back I'm starting in about a month.

Why shouldn't they? I can't remember at the moment what tyres you've chosen, but unless you have some sporty Pirellis  8) , they should perform for 10000 km.

Besides, I remember my second summer Varadero trip: to Wales. I had a puncture in Newtown, and it became easier to find a 150-70/17 tyre than a place to have a proper dinner!  8)
I mean to say that replacing your tyre along the way is an option (I've done it also in Germany), and in case of need, our bike has not so rare tyre sizes, so many workshops have them in stock.

Greetings,

Josep

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal