Author Topic: Android Auto on CRF 1100  (Read 2577 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Android Auto on CRF 1100
« on: February 11, 2021, 19:44:31 »
Android Auto now available on CRF 1100 ; for all those who were not happy with CarPlay  ;D

just have to update firmware to your dealer

Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Android Auto on CRF 1100
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 21:30:27 »
Hard to know what to think about all this stuff on bikes these days.
Personally I don't like it. If I want to listen to music I do so via Bluetooth from my cell phone to my head set. All I want to see is bike speed, fuel use and GPS information. I have my own GPS for that. Bikes already have good speed and fuel use information on them.
All these gadgets they are adding to the bike just makes it more and more expensive to purchase a new bike.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 22:12:05 »
I do not buy a bike because it has such equipment, but I've used CarPlay during this last year, and yes it can be useful .  ;)

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 15:12:23 »
For those who want to upgrade by themselves (and not waiting to visit their dealer); all process is on this page

VCIF_salut

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:25:51 »
Nice, now I just find out if the tank problem of ATAS is solved  8)

Personally I don't like it. If I want to listen to music I do so via Bluetooth from my cell phone to my head set. All I want to see is bike speed, fuel use and GPS information. I have my own GPS for that. Bikes already have good speed and fuel use information on them.
All these gadgets they are adding to the bike just makes it more and more expensive to purchase a new bike.

The cost of a small tablet for manufacturer like Honda must be less than make their own gauges. And you don't have to use the extras if you don't want. I find it interesting to have navigation integrated to the bike.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 23:19:32 »

The cost of a small tablet for manufacturer like Honda must be less than make their own gauges. And you don't have to use the extras if you don't want. I find it interesting to have navigation integrated to the bike.
Yes there is that, integrated GPS is good.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 12:17:50 »

Yes there is that, integrated GPS is good.

I don't really care either about android auto on bikes I would buy, simply because Gmaps is really not
that great for complicated highway navigation, my trip in Dolomites last september, really showed it's
limits, I personally only use OsmAnd now it's so much better and customizable, but the android auto
doesn't include other apps, so I stick with my rugged phone !

This app even does the hiking gps much better, so it became my go to anything GPS.

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 21:11:56 »
OsMand will be available on CarPlay during 2021 (They say)  ;)

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 22:07:58 »
OsMand will be available on CarPlay during 2021 (They say)  ;)

I have heard that Apple is bringing out a 4 wheel EV.

Perhaps after that they will make a 2 wheel version and you can then have IOS  ;D

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 07:41:40 »
OsmAnd is available in iOS version, but still not in CarPlay ...

Apple do not find anybody to make the car with ; I do not think I can see an Apple 2 wheels or will not be abble to ride it anymore  ;D

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 21:04:56 »
OsmAnd is available in iOS version, but still not in CarPlay ...

Apple do not find anybody to make the car with ; I do not think I can see an Apple 2 wheels or will not be abble to ride it anymore  ;D

Honestly seeing what Apple put inside their laptop, for the price you pay them, I would never buy a car from
such manufacturer... better get a BMuu  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal