Out of the box: Discuss all other Adventure bikes here > Strangers in da house - It's not a Honda!

Project Honda CB 750 K7 oil spill +?

(1/9) > >>

Bønne:
Stranger in da house? Well, not in my house really, as this 1977 Honda CB 750 K7, has been living with me since 1988  ;D

Have had some oil spill for some time, I know where it comes from, not a big deal to repair, but the engine has to get out of the frame.

As temperatures have raised to above zero again (I haven´t got any heating in my garage), I thought it was time to get started on this project before the spring comes.

So, I took on my "Thyborøn-habit" (Thyborøn is a small fishing village on the westcoast of Denmark, where all the fishermen are wearing thermal coveralls, or: Thyborøn-habit  ;D ), and started to disassemble the bike.

The bike before I started:

Everything needed to get the engine out is removed:

After a break I went out to take the engine out:

And up on the operating table:

Now there´s space to get cleaned up in the corners... or... there´s not much left... should I disassemble the rest and get the frame sandblasted, metallized and painted? That´s the question...

MrKiwi:
You've come this far, getting the frame done now would mean you've given the whole bike an overhaul. I'd do it, but then its not my bike  VCIF_ThumbUp

Jyrays:
 VCIF_ThumbUp

JosepM:
 VCIF_ok  VCIF_ok
Amazing! It must be great to have the ability to give a new life to such beauties!

Congratulations,

Josep

Two Plugs:
As you might remember, I did the complete overhaul on one of my XLV750R's.
I'll go with Mr Kiwi: you have come this far, I would sandblast the frame too and not repaint it, but powder coat the frame.

Its an amazing bike, that 750 of yours! But is the exhaust the original one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version