Author Topic: New and more powerfull Africa Twin 1100 RELEASE confirmed by September 23, 2019  (Read 80356 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
 Honda's french director can only approve what have be done by Japanese ... and he is the only guy who have do not eared about a mid size (800cc-Transalp) for the next years.  think they have eared about non AT's owner  " they try to catch some BMuu owners" ; and people who had Crosstourer, want an AT with cruise control, tubeless rims, cardan, electric screen  etc ... they have made it ... wait and see... last question of the journalist is " are you not afraid to move away from the concept of a simple motorcycle and customers who bought this model" ...

VCIF_ok
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Djairouks

• HAR Member
Honda's french director can only approve what have be done by Japanese ... and he is the only guy who have do not eared about a mid size (800cc-Transalp) for the next years.  think they have eared about non AT's owner  " they try to catch some BMuu owners" ; and people who had Crosstourer, want an AT with cruise control, tubeless rims, cardan, electric screen  etc ... they have made it ... wait and see... last question of the journalist is " are you not afraid to move away from the concept of a simple motorcycle and customers who bought this model" ...

VCIF_ok

Well I'm sure they'll see models nontheless, I'm not worried for them, just seems like a bit of an Identity crisis !

You know before switching to Triumph, I looked at what Honda had in the 800cc, I was tempted by the crossrunner, but then I realised it's 242 freaking Kg, I mean does anyone know a 800 that heavy, it's totally outdated !? Honda definitely have a hole in their lineup there and I think many people would buy a lighter 800, in a heartbeat, they could do a revamped transalp and with same platform a new crossrunner at the same time, just like Yamaha has wisely done with several platforms, but seems they prefer selling NC750s those ugly and boring bikes, so weird !
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 00:00:41 by Djairouks »

zebulon

• Administrator
when i let my bike to my dealer, he oftently lend me a Xrunner; it's absolutely not a funny bike IMO ...  :(
If they begin to hear about customers (sic)  ;D sure they work rapidly on a "new Transalp"  ::)

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

zebulon

• Administrator
©motojournal.be
"...It allows a little more control and the narrower frame just like the saddle make the bike feel more compact and lighter.
It is also lightened by 5 kg and its power has increased to 102 hp. This too, we feel good, but it is especially the gain of torque that is felt...The Africa Twin has also become a very lively machine...In terms of weight and maneuverability, it seems like the bike lost 100cc instead of winning them...The Africa Twin excels on many levels and does not disappoint on any..."

ATAS tested
 VCIF_salut

zebulon

• Administrator
bikes are waiting for the French dealers in Biarritz

VCIF_ThumbUp  VCIF_salut
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 17:34:46 by zebulon »

bogdanbc

• VIF Member
    • www.bcsopot.com.pl
They all stand at the seashore/coast - no wonder then the spokes rust  ;)

And - One scooter - like "I robot"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 21:24:08 by bogdanbc »
bogdan "bc" Sopot, Poland
XL1000V Varadero'99; CRF1000-D'16

Djairouks

• HAR Member
when i let my bike to my dealer, he oftently lend me a Xrunner; it's absolutely not a funny bike IMO ...  :(
If they begin to hear about customers (sic)  ;D sure they work rapidly on a "new Transalp"  ::)

Honestly, since many years and all the modern Hondas I have tested, I found only the AT to be fun, Hondas
were never fun if you ask me, the opposite from Yamaha actually, once tested the Crosstourer and while it's
powerfull, it left me totally uninspired  ;)  kind of like BMuus!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 21:37:35 by Djairouks »

Norbert_L

• HAR Member
    • We are Lieblers

VCIF_ThumbUp  VCIF_salut

One for me, please.  VCIF_ThumbUp 8)
Best regards
NORBERT_L

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
My spokes are fine, but I wash the bike once a year...
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Djairouks

• HAR Member

Really only once a year ? Damn mine were all corroded even fork tubes were starting and I was washing it almost every months completely.

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!

Really only once a year ? Damn mine were all corroded even fork tubes were starting and I was washing it almost every months completely.
Maybe you washed it too much?   :o
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Djairouks

• HAR Member

Once per month really too much… that to your wife  :P I'm sure she'll agree hehe !

Djairouks

• HAR Member

Once per month really too much… tell that to your wife  :P I'm sure she'll agree hehe !

zebulon

• Administrator

One for me, please.  VCIF_ThumbUp 8)

only if you have your first name on the screen  ;D  VCIF_salut
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 15:13:42 by zebulon »

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!

Once per month really too much… that to your wife  :P I'm sure she'll agree hehe !
I am talking about our bikes :D They both get washed once a year...
Honda NC700X DCT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal