Out of the box: Discuss all other Adventure bikes here > Honda XL600V / XL650V / XL700V Transalp

Changes to Red

(1/8) > >>

MrKiwi:
Now that I've put a few thousand kilometers on my 1998 Honda XL600V, which I have named Red, it is time to make a few adjustments.

First to be fixed is the seat.  I found the old stock seat not much to my liking, so it is being raised by 2 cm. I unfortunately dislocated my tail bone (last two joints of the coccyx) last year which makes some seats uncomfortable if I am too upright or leaning back just slightly.  Hence the seat has to be fixed. Bernard is a handy man to know and Veendam is a cool town as it has an amazing amount of businesses operating there for its size.  A local upholsterer is redoing the seat and will build in a 'soft' spot for the problematic part of my anatomy.

Next will be the suspension.  Bernard has a bit of experience here, as he owned several Transalps in the past and for taller fellas like us the suspension is not quite robust enough. In my case tall is not the only factor  VCIF_a_008

New rear spring and progressive springs up front with slightly heavier oil.  Should work a treat.

These upgrades follow fitting of crash bars and hand guards.  I have to say the big white hand guards worked a treat. Riding in the cold that was Winterberg this year my hands never got too cold.  They offer a very good level of wind protection. On the other hand (see what I did there  ;D ) the level of bug kill is also high VCIF_a055 

I will be coming to VCIM19 next year, not sure if I will ride Red or hire a bike, but either way Red will be ready...

Jyrays:
Dont hide it, not just tall :D

Well, I hope modifications will work for you and I hope you ride RED to Scandinavia!

Two Plugs:
David: You are going to love Red even more after this grand overhaull! I did the same with my '97 Red, incl K&N airfilter and Dynojet settings on the carbs.

The Transalp 600 really is a sturdy little bike! 😉

MrKiwi:
The seat change has been completed.

Before the change

The seat

New seat on the bike (in a garage in the Netherlands  VCIF_ok )

zebulon:
seems higher then the OEM one  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version