Author Topic: Few CrossTourers  (Read 17342 times)

Freddy

• 2012 VFR1200X Crosstourer
Re: Few CrossTourers
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2014, 20:33:52 »
I am a former owner of a Varadero. I drove about 25.000 km on it. A fantastic Motorcycle. In 2012 I switched to a CrossTourer, and I'm very happy with it. An amazing machine, which has surprised me greatly. . To compare Varadero and CrossTourer, is not fair. There are two different machines, with their positive and certainly negative sides. But that said, I'm very happy with CT.

See you in Geiranger.

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Few CrossTourers
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 01:10:53 »
Don't ride the KTM, Mr Kiwi...

That bike is really good... And to be honest, together with the new V-strom 1000 the only bike in this league which is really comparable with the Varadero regarding specs. Maybe even the Versys 1000 could be added to the list too, except for the fact that that bike is an 4 cylinder.

The others (Crosstourer, GS, Tiger Adventurer, Super10) are just another class of their own...

I was very, very impressed by the Yamaha S10 (Super10, short for Super Tenere)

Hi Two Plugs - I did indeed ride the KTM, for several months earlier this year and I really enjoyed it.  Awesome power, good tarmac and gravel manners.  However, a bit too tall for my wife to clamour (oops  :-[ clamber) up onto the rear seat!

You're right, the bike seduced me, but I held out.  I've decided to purchase a 2013 model year Crosstourer.  Cheers...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:54:43 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal