Author Topic: My Crosstourer  (Read 10842 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: My Crosstourer
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 12:16:25 »
OK here goes, trying to paste link to a picture, my new Honda VFR1200X

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ibbe1jjtrt7lsh/photo.jpg?dl=0

Looks like a link is the best I can do!

Dropbox is not the simplest, but here it is ...  ;)
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 23:53:54 »
except all that shows is a small square box but no picture, which is also all I could do.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 00:16:58 »
except all that shows is a small square box but no picture, which is also all I could do.

Seems not working well on iDevice ... But nice on a computer screen  :D

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 12:57:31 »
No, I still don't see it on any device unless I use the link...
MrKiwi

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 13:55:23 »
Gilles, I could see it yesterday, but not anymore.

Anyway, I find it easier to upload pictures in tinypic.com , as I've been doing lately.  :)

Josep

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 14:47:52 »
Yes there are a lot of uploading and sharing picture site. Dropbox is not exactly done for that... ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 17:08:51 by zebulon »

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
My Crosstourer - I finally have it!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 02:12:55 »
Yes, I finally have the Crosstourer in my hot little hands... 8)

Just in time for our summer.  And I'm just back from four days riding in rural New South Wales in Australia, on a Harley-Davidson RoadKing.  That was different  :o
MrKiwi

MartinDT

• HAR Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 21:30:56 »
Hi Guys,
I have now put 16,000 km on my NC750X DCT over the past 7 months or so and I guess I’m starting to feel the first hunger pains for a little more power. As I’m a very long standing Honda fan, as well as a new convert to the DCT transmission, I am considering buying a CT1200 DCT. Also very keen on the shaft drive of course! I do find it quite unbelievable that there are so few Crosstourer  owners, even on this dedicated website. Mind you, I do not really mind stepping outside the mainstream when it comes to buying motorbikes. When I had my Varadero many yours ago I hardly ever saw any other Varaderos on the road (except for VIMs of course). The same thing applies to my present bike which I use for touring all over Europe – haven’t seen even one other NC750X DCT touring!
It would be very nice to hear from any members like Jack Sawdayee who have put a few touring miles on their Crosstourers and how they feel about the overall performance of the bike.
Many thanks.
MartinDT
Always heading for the mountains.

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 04:24:18 »
Hi Martin
I've put 4,000km on my CT since owning it, in NZ we do not get the option of DCT, so mine is the normal manual.

Having owned a Varadero, then a 955i Tiger and now the CT, the CT is my favourite of the three, by some margin.  The only downside for me is the fuel consumption of the CT, it is not as good as the Varadero and most certainly will be a big difference for you from the NC750X.
I like the smoothness of the shaft drive.  The bike is well balanced and is superb one or two up.  The increased power over the Varadero and Tiger is something I enjoy, and thankfully it is not too much.  The V4 motor is very very nice in my view.  Even power right throughout the rev range and it can move when you open her up.  Some had noted the CT has less room on it compared to the Varadero for two up riding, I have not noticed that.  My wife enjoys the CT and finds it very comfortable.

The bike is not as top heavy as the Varadero or Tiger, it's mass is lower down, making for improved riding comfort and performance through the twisties.  I find I prefer my CT on gravel compared to the Tiger, but I notice the extra weight compared to the Tiger.

Happy exploring, the fun part abotu bike shopping is the test riding.

Cheers from downunder...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:04:14 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 11:14:00 »
Hi Martin, don't know what is your term, but coming to the next vcim allow you to meet some CT owners... ;)

MartinDT

• HAR Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 22:11:04 »
Thanks Mr Kiwi for your comments and in particular the one about the fun involved in test riding all the bikes on my shortlist. I'm looking forward to that and am eagerly awaiting the launch of some new models like the KTM 1050 and the Yamaha Tracer  ;D
Always heading for the mountains.

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 00:27:06 »
Three images of my bike

As I road tested it (the local distributor invited me to take it away for a weekend in June 2013- the bike was their demo bike), a stock standard manual with ABS and traction control.  No centre stand either

As I bought it in September 2014, the bike had been sitting with the distributor for some time and they had farkled it a little with a centre stand, factory panniers and crash bars.  I asked them to also fit the LEDs and factory heated grips.

And as I have fitted it out, Givi quick release tank bag, trekker outback panniers (not shown is the 58L top box), cargo pannier bags (15L), bash plate and side stand foot extender.  The top plate at the rear is Hepco and Beckner.  I've fitted the GPS and had it wired into the auxiliary plug, the GPS is mounted on a Honda bracket (aftermarket).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 00:36:25 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 08:18:58 »
Thank you! You seem to be a tall guy, no problem with the (very) small screen?..  :-[

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2015, 10:20:17 »
I personally prefer short screens, I like a lot of air around my face.  Bugs are a problem, but I just regularly wash my visor!
MrKiwi

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 00:16:04 »
OK, you wanted it, here now is a picture of the Givi Trekker Outback 58 L top box  8)

the bracket

the top box, it's not so small  :o

MrKiwi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal