Honda XL1000V Varadero - The bike that started our community! > Varadero accessories, parts and home brew

Parts in Canada

(1/2) > >>

Fullcircle:
I have been looking at either a Varadero, found a nice one for sale, or a V-Strom.
Can anyone tell me what part availability is like in Canada? 
I am planning on riding from Calgary to Tuktoyaktuk and don't want to find out parts are impossible to get.

thanks

zebulon:
wich kind of parts are you looking for ? you do not need too much parts, varadero is very reliable motorcycle; only some known problems, you can find listing this forum and levers etc... in the event of a fall .  VCIF_ok

superfunkomatic:
Honda dealers can get parts. I don't think you'll have much luck finding the parts anywhere else. The bike didn't really sell a lot here in Canada, so you may have to wait a couple days (or longer) for Honda to move parts through their network.

Two Plugs:

--- Quote from: Fullcircle on January 26, 2020, 16:14:06 ---I have been looking at either a Varadero, found a nice one for sale, or a V-Strom.
Can anyone tell me what part availability is like in Canada? 
I am planning on riding from Calgary to Tuktoyaktuk and don't want to find out parts are impossible to get.

thanks

--- End quote ---

Post ordering parts can help, there still is a lot on stock in Europe. Problem with the Varadero in Canada was, that it only was sold through the Honda Powerhouse network, not through the Honda Motorcycle dealer organisation.

VaraWaldi:
Itīs hard to tell what parts you like to take with you if you drive so fare to the north!?

When you by a used or 2. hand bike then you have to be able to rely on what the owner tells you about the bike...
The previous owner spoke only the best about the XL ...

Because 2 years ago i bought a 2008 varadero with only 10.000 km on the speedometer and the bike was locking like new. After that i didn't have too much time to try the bike. But i wanted to make a trip to the USA a short time later and then had some problems there.

OK, 11 days and 5500 Km later and a drive through from Alberta, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Whasington and back via BC and then back here to Alberta. Sometimes brought beads of sweat to my forehead.

The problem, it always smelled of gasoline and every now and then after refueling and closing the tank cap and starting the ignition, gasoline came out from under the tank cap, ran over the tank and also over my pants. Incredible.

Before I drove to the USA I had the tank off, I found a double bend hose from the tank. I also marked all the 5 hoses before I pulled them off. I changed the bend hose but that was probably not the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version