Honda CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin - Honda's latest Adventure Bike > CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin tyre centre

AT Tires

(1/50) > >>

zebulon:
What tires are available for the new AT; what tires have you experienced on this bike ?

seems French one have Dunlop D610 Trailmax, and have some problem on wet ... :-\ Jyrki the same you have ?
Seems Trailsmart will be available soon and in tubeless version also ... wait and see; and please share your experiences here !  VCIF_salut

Jasper:
Are the AT rims designed for tubeless tyres? I see that the OE are tube type tyres.

Varareco:
The rims look like they are tube type.

Two Plugs:

--- Quote from: Varareco on January 30, 2016, 11:32:31 ---The rims look like they are tube type.

--- End quote ---

You are right. The new CRF1000 comes on tubes again. I don't have any problems with tube tires, both my XLV750R's have tubes, and David's Transalp hibernating in my garage, has them too.

On my Varadero's I had more punctures (tubeless) the last 200.000 km than in the 200.000 km I have driven tubeless predecessors... ;)

Jyrays:
Yeah, the D610 is bad on wet tarmac.

AT has tube type rims but you can always use tubeless with tubes, only repairing them on roadside would be harder as tubeless are harder to take from bead...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version