Author Topic: Winterseason 2014-2015.  (Read 4132 times)

Bønne

• VCIF/HARK.DK/XL-Forum.SE/HVRoN.NO/VUK
Winterseason 2014-2015.
« on: December 10, 2014, 23:55:17 »
As mentioned elsewhere we were going to a winter-meeting in Sweden in the weekend, the "Frostskadeträf", or
translatet: "The Frost-injury-meeting", (although it more was a water-damage-meeting).
We = the Africa Twin and me + Schou (Henning) and his BMuu.

Here are some pictures from the meeting:

Our camp:

The mobile sauna and the mobile "Wilderness bath" (both wood-fired). Behind is the lake, with a temperature around 2-3 centimeters ;D:

A part of the meeting ground, you just put your tent along the forest road, into the forest:

Inside our camp:

Who says you can´t have gourmet foods when on tour?:

Saturday evening the weather cleared up:

And then there was the awards ceremony (the guy to the left are the main organizer together with his club, Sisu Riders):

Berndt from Germany was the longest riding guest:
Plan your ride, ride your plan.

XL 1000 VA8, Chevalier Silver Metallic

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
Re: Winterseason 2014-2015.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:27:10 »
You brave MAN! But a real biker!
Diner doesn't look bad either...  ;D
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 19:53:06 »
Thx Ole! We have also here some "winter meeting" but I've never been ... :D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Bønne

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 17:33:36 »
Today, a friend of mine called "Yellow", had invited to "Last ride this year" and a New Years toast at 12 o'clock. So this morning I rode the 80 km to Næstved, where we met at a place in town:

When all had arrived, we vent for a small ride around town and out to a parking lot, where we stopped for the toast:

Happy New Year!

On my way home the weather cleared up, so I had to make a detour, to find a nice view to enjoy ;D . Standing there in the sun, it came to me that I was a little bit hungry...so I looked into my topbox, as there´s always something hidden in the corners there, and found a piece of bread with ham and cheese, and a Newcastle Brown Ale  ;D :

Happy New Year everybody!!!

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 18:39:04 »
Fantastic Bönne!

Best end of the year and tomorrow a new one start

Bønne

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 22:19:18 »
Well, yesterday was "Last ride this year"...so, today it was time for "First ride this year" ;D.

Some 25 km from my hone we have this nice spot called The Munkholm-bridge, with a parking lot with kiosk, grill and icecream. In the summer many motorcyclists meet there nearly every day, so I got the idea, why not meet there the 1. of january? I spread the message via Facebook and was a little excited how many would show up. The kiosk is not open this time a year, so we had to bring what we needed.

We were 7 motorcycles and 10 people (3 turned up by car, though I had pointed out that I only wanted winter-motorcyclists to show up  ::)  )

The weather was a bit windy, so we vent to the back of the kiosk where there are some benches. One of my friends had brought a mini-weber, nice initiative:

...to roast some sausages:

I had brought my Primus, to make some coffee and soup:

So, we had a nice couple of hours there:

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 12:23:54 »
I bow to you guys! Congratulations!

Greetings,

Josep

Bønne

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 23:07:35 »
I bow to you guys!
Thank you JosepM ;)

This weekend I went to Næstved again (same town as "Last ride this year"), where Yellow and his motorcycleclub "Suså-MC" (Suså is a lokal stream running through Næstved), had invited to their 32nd wintermeeting (my 29th...OH MY GOOD, am I that old!!! :o ).

It´s held inside and around their clubhouse and there´s room for sleeping upstairs or you can raise your tent outside. I prefer my tent, as upstairs there´s always a lot of noise from the feast and music downstairs... and sometimes some mysterious sounds around in the corners... ;D

Some years ago they build an outdoor bar, as some of us spend most time outside drinking our own beer, to serve us (and to get some more sale ;D ), this actually drew some other people outside too ;D.

I arrived friday afternoon and put up my tent, it was a terribly stormy weather (but still no snow):

In the evening the outdoor bar was open...:

A couple from "Naughty Sisters" motorcycle club:

Saturday we went for a ride to "Yellow´s place" (which actually is red  ;D ):

To se his collection of model motorcycles, toy motorcycles, motorcycle literature and a lot of other motorcycle related things:

Back at the meeting some of us gathered in my tent to a small "Beer Tasting". The weather was still stormy and periodically very rainy:

Until it was time for dinner inside the clubhouse:

Later we went outside to the outdoor bar again a couple of hours, before drinking the last beers indoor and go to bed. Sunday there was only left to pack the tent and things and go home.

varaquiero

• VCIF Member.../whitewidow on uk forum
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 18:27:21 »
Lovely pics, especially the Miller HD and the GREENE KING TRIUMPH VCIF_a025 VCIF_a062 VCIF_a062
"One has to leave the world to discover it"

2011 XL 1000

Bønne

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 00:39:11 »
So, the previous week my winterhelmet (15? year old Shoie Raid 1), fall apart inside... so something had to be done. In 2012, just before I went to VIM14 in Spain I bought a new helmet, Shoie XR1100, which I´m very very satisfied with. So, if I bought a new XR1100, the "old" one could be my new winterhelmet! In England I found it for 240 pound, ordered it monday evening and received it Thursday, thats okay!

I bought an extra visor, and last weekend I made a new heated visor for the new winterhelmet:

Finally, the weatherforecast promissed snow on monday, a nice opportunity to test my new helmet and visor... and my new tyres ;o). And, monday morning it really was snowing a bit, but, in a roundabout close to my work, an idiot in a car just followed the red lights in front of him, not noticing he went into a roundabout (so it seemed). He went into the roundabout parallel to me and, as he was going further round, he turned left, and hit my sidecar with his driver's door. As if he hadn´t noticed at all, that didn´t stop him, as he continued going round the roundabout, dragging me with him, as I couldn´t get the sidecar away from his car because he continued to turn left! Finally, when we came to where he was going out of the roundabout, our vehicles got free from each other, he stopped, opened the door and shouted something at me (I couldn´t hear what, because of the helmet), slammed the door and went on! I went on to my work, and looking at the sidecar the only damage I could se, was that the plastic fender on the sidecar was cracked...

... and I thought; well, that was quite cheap, but... I really do hope that the nut
on my sidecarwheel did damage his fine car, from the driver´s door, to the rear!

In the afternoon I went home, no problems, but Tuesday morning, after about 5-6 km, now there was 10 cm of snow and temperatures below 0, I could feel that something was wrong. So I went back and took the car for work. Home again I found that both the sidecarwheel and the rearwheel bearings had smashed. As the idiot hit my sidecarwheel very hard when he turned left, he forced my bike sideways up a 5-10 cm curbstone in the middle of the roundabout and this seems to have given the bearings a crack that would later smash them.
This is (was) the right rearwheel bearing:

I didn´t get the new bearings until friday and mounted them today, and repaired the fender...

;D, so now I´m on the road again...but now the temperature has raised to about +5 degrees and the snow is leaving...damn!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:53:09 by Bønne »

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 15:08:53 »
I had a ride at end of January, so no month without a ride so far  8)
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Bønne

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 22:02:06 »
Well, seems I got a little behind, opdating here  :-[

But, on the 13-14 and 15 of february, Schou and I went to the "Gudenå-meeting" in Jutland (the western part of Denmark). The "Gudenå" is the longest stream (å=stream), in Denmark with it´s 158 km and the meeting was originally held at a canoe campground along the Gudenå, now by a lake very close to the Gudenå. This is a totally primitive meeting, like Frostskade- and the Primus-meeting in Norway, with only a hot bonfire and a cold toilet, every other needs you´ll have to bring yourself.

Not many pictures, as my camera ran out of power and I had forgotten extra batteries... :-[

Still no snow, but temperatures a few minus degrees in the night and a little plus in daytime.

"The danish national dish", fried pork with parsley sauce and potatoes, together with a dark and strong danish special christmas beer:

The next couple of pictures, I "borrowed" from a friend:

The toilet  ;D

And the wiew from the toilet  ;D

This was saturday morning, when "The Farmer" was going to make coffee. When the kettle caught fire, he realised than he by mistake had been taken "water" from the kerosene can... !!!   ;D

Bønne

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 00:49:46 »
... and then there was this idiot who hit my sidecar, that was on February 2.

Three weeks later, when on Monday morning I was taking my helmet of at the parking lot at work, suddenly there was a guy standing beside me, asking: some weeks ago, were you involved in an accident in the roundabout outside town? Yes, I said, there was an idiot who hit my sidecar... Okay, he said, that was me, I didn´t see you at all. But now I need your registration number, or else my insurance won´t fix my car. Okay, I said, you can write it down, it´s not a secret, it´s public... and went to work. He was very nice talking to, so I didn´t even bother getting angry at him. Then, on Saturday, I got a letter from my insurance company saying: We´ve got a claim about an accident... and I thought: WHAT!!!

Monday I called my insurance, that was a week after I talked to the idiot, asking what this was all about. A lady told me that the guy had notified the accident as it was my fault, as I had suddenly changed lane in the roundabout and hit his car with my sidecar! HE DID WHAT, I said... well, surry for him, there´s only one lane in that roundabout!!! Oh really, she said, then tell me your version of the accident. I did and she said: well, it seems like he´s trying to give you the blame for the accident... maybe because he´s only having liability insurance on his car and therefore won´t get his car fixed by his own insurance (not exactly what he told me!)... then I´ll have a talk to him!

Next day, on Tuesday, she called back and said: I´ve talked to the guy, he admitted that there is only one lane in that roundabout and that he hadn´t seen you... but that was because you didn´t have lights on your sidecar, is that so? No, I said, I´ve got a marker lamp and turn signals on my sidecar, as there should be. Okay, she said, that´s what I expected! But, haven´t you got any claims towards his? No, I said, only got some scratches, I can live with that, it´s a winterbike... Well, she said, in relation to you, then I´ll close the case, and you won´t hear anymore from us... but I´ll have to talk to this guy again...!

Oh my God an ASSHOLE!!!

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 04:03:36 »
If a driver coming from behind, it is always their blame no mather light. It might been an horse-carrige..

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:04:29 by Two Plugs »

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 10:09:34 »
Unfortunately I have had my lessons on 'hit & run' drivers. My car (and a previous one) had been damaged on public parking places 2 times.
I always 'file' the accident with both the traffic police asking for a written report to send to my insurance company.

Good to notice that obviously, your wheel nut did it's damage to the guys car, Bønne! ;) But what if you would have been injured?  ???
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal