Author Topic: Driving/spot lights short in the rain  (Read 2341 times)

N1ghtr08d

• HAR Member
Driving/spot lights short in the rain
« on: October 13, 2018, 23:29:05 »
Hi guys, so I've searched and searched and can't find anything on this problem. I have a 2000 Varadero XL1000 and the spotlights that were installed previously to me owning it have a problem where if I switch between the 3 settings it does left side strobe / right side strobe / no strobe but it's supposed to be high beam/low beam/strobe both sides.
Does anyone else ever have this issue or know how I can fix it?

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Driving/spot lights short in the rain
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 00:41:16 »
hello N1ghtr08d , do not think it is a Varadero's specific problem as it is on accessories. So could not be attributable to a piece of the bike but probably to the modulator managing the spotlights...
do not hesitate to make a presentation in the right thread and share your experiences with your bike  VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Truck

• HAR Member
Re: Driving/spot lights short in the rain
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 23:27:23 »
If it’s only happens in the rain water could be getting into the circuit board causing a short, lights will need stripping and reselling, my dad has some u5 type spot lights on his bike that go low/high/strobe when the switch is flicked from on/off/on and they sometimes go out of sync from time to time, the strobe function can be disabled if required but it involves taking the light apart, just google Cree U5 disable strobe, note this is only if yours are U5’s prob best to take them apart and check the circuit board. Hth  VCIF_ThumbUp

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal