Honda CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin - Honda's latest Adventure Bike > Electrical

Starter not firing well

(1/1)

Djairouks:
So the other day after months of inactivity, I tried to start the AT at night to go to my training and it really didn't want to, I did about 6 tries until it barely started.

I'm a little bit disappointed because all my Yamahas, would start on the first try even during winter and like the AT they were sitting outside (no garage) in the cold, I rarely would remove the battery, so did anyone experience that as well !?
I was thinking to change the battery to a Lithium one for the weight gain as well, wondering if it would help in such case or if this has nothing to do with it.

Jyrays:

--- Quote from: Djairouks on February 22, 2018, 09:59:13 ---So the other day after months of inactivity, I tried to start the AT at night to go to my training and it really didn't want to, I did about 6 tries until it barely started.

I'm a little bit disappointed because all my Yamahas, would start on the first try even during winter and like the AT they were sitting outside (no garage) in the cold, I rarely would remove the battery, so did anyone experience that as well !?
I was thinking to change the battery to a Lithium one for the weight gain as well, wondering if it would help in such case or if this has nothing to do with it.

--- End quote ---
I think it is the battery. Lithium batteries are better keeping charge but worse in cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version