Author Topic: Forté Motor Flush  (Read 6580 times)

Madero

Forté Motor Flush
« on: April 16, 2015, 22:36:03 »
Before travelling to vcim#17 I would like to refresh my engine oil and replace my oilfilter.
No big deal doing this yourself.

New aspect to this subject is "flushing" your engine before you fill it up with fresh oil. One of the main products for this purpose is Forte Motor Flush. You simply add two (pretty expensive) bottles of this  liquid to your old engine oil, let your engine run for 30 minutes, drain your system completely and fill up with fresh oil.
They say that your engine runs better and consumes less oil when its cleaned this way. They even recommend to support this process by another (again expensive) bottle of Forte Top End Treatment.

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? Does it really help or is it just a matter of marketing bullshit?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 22:40:23 by Madero »

SB

• Administrator
Re: Forté Motor Flush
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 23:10:53 »
So you fill your engine with this stuff which is not sold as oil and then run it for 30 minutes ?

You then drain most, but not all of, this mixture which has cleaning agents in it, an top up with oil and run your engine for ?? Km ?

I would feel happier using a cheap oil to flush you engine rather than this.

Madero

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 23:27:22 »

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 00:21:56 »
Quote from the page in your link =

"It is essential that engines are flushed with Forté Advanced Formula Motor Flush at each service."

Clearly this is a lie. It may be desireable or beneficial but it is not essential.

If they lie about that, what else do they lie about ?

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 21:56:10 »
I 2nd your posting Stewart. 

You only need this if:
- your engine oil is over a decade old / the engine hasn't run for several years
- Even then its cheaper to flush the engine (without running!) with dieselfuel
- you are feeling very insecure by nature ;)
- you haven't got a clue how good todays oil quality is.

The big Dero's buffy V2 and gearbox are sensitive for which oil you use. But today, even the cheaper brands have topspec viscosity.

But knowing how Madero uses his bike (often and long distances) its a waste of money. Better to invest in full synthetic oil.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 17:59:32 »
Worth to notice is that inside the oil compartment is a little seal of a coating to protect the aluminium. Dunno what other chemicals can do with this coating and sure is a Honda engine will last longer if it maintenanced well.

Fully syntethic well, it is a question of that too.. Some have experienced with using full synthetic that clutch will glitch. Regular 10w-40 will be just fine.

Madero

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 18:46:53 »
Changed my oil and filter today folks. No, I have not flushed my engine.
My dealer told me that this is not necessary for a Varadero. Maybe a very old, oil consuming vehicle will have some benefit by this stuff but not a Varadero. He did not sell the stuff anyway!
So I filled her up with fresh Motul and we are ready for our trip to Nant  :)

Cu there!

Ps
Worth to notice that my dealer did recommend to add Forte fuel when you let your bike hibernating over the winter. Oil may be very good nowadays but fuel is absolutely not! My dealer uses this additive in all their rentbikes to avoid problems with the start of the new biking season. Something to consider for our own bikes too.

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 19:34:12 »
Changed my oil and filter today folks. No, I have not flushed my engine.
My dealer told me that this is not necessary for a Varadero. Maybe a very old, oil consuming vehicle will have some benefit by this stuff but not a Varadero. He did not sell the stuff anyway!
So I filled her up with fresh Motul and we are ready for our trip to Nant  :)

Cu there!

Ps
Worth to notice that my dealer did recommend to add Forte fuel when you let your bike hibernating over the winter. Oil may be very good nowadays but fuel is absolutely not! My dealer uses this additive in all their rentbikes to avoid problems with the start of the new biking season. Something to consider for our own bikes too.

How lucky you are.

I first have to do my (our) national meeting and then I have to prepare within 1 day my Dero for the VCIM.

Rainer
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 142.000)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 20:49:21 »
How lucky you are.

I first have to do my (our) national meeting and then I have to prepare within 1 day my Dero for the VCIM.

Rainer

Rainer you surely can prepare your bike for VDT and VCIM it's not so far for you !  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 22:18:11 »
Ps

Jos,
I 2nd that too!  ;D
I don't use Forte Fuel though, but KENT Fuel Guard. Its about the same price for the same size bottle, but in contradiction to Forte, you can treat your bike twice with KENT. Important cause I've got several bikes hibernating... I guess you too (your daughters NC700 and the Dero?)

Its available @ Mulders Motoren in Veendam. Or via the Word Wide Web:
http://www.kenteurope.com/nl/products/fuel-guard-ii/
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal