Author Topic: AT or CT, that's the question...  (Read 12844 times)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: AT or CT, that's the question...
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 12:05:02 »
congratulations and may you enjoy many kilometers of trouble free motoring
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

james.mc

• 2017 CRF1000L DCT
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:56 »
Congratulations! I took the CT for a ride on a demo. It didn't seem to have the 'soul' I had expected. I love the Honda V4 motor but it seemed a bit dull and lifeless, although the bike went like the wind when you really rode it.

I think you'll see and feel a bit of the Varadero in your AT. If you look at the overall styling there are some not so subtle hints back to the Varadero.

Have fun riding!

I must admit I felt the same way when I started riding my AT.  It felt in many ways like I had returned back to the Vara but with many improvements!.. and of course my Vara was blue and my AT is red! ;)
regards
James Mc
Honda-Adventure-Riders

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Current: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, sold 2013 - Sadly left behind in Europe)

tedhughes

• HAR Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2018, 06:25:01 »
Well I am also a bit further down the line with Decision making and was considering getting a  Crosstourer as well as an Africa Twin. I am now a certified philanthropist with the purchase of a second Africa Twin DCT as I am now "fostering" a pair of African Twins. The key was being unable to get a DCT Crosstourer in NZ and taking the AT on  a short gravel tour 2-up with my wife with Miatas 09 tyres and finding out just how safe the bike feels in gravel.  I really wanted a spare commuter as the AT DCT is a brilliant commuter for Auckland's clogged motorways, and my "spare bike" was my Goldwing, which can be a bit tricky for zipping through and lane splitting. So I got a 2nd hand 11 k KM Japanese imported 2016 AT DCT with panniers, high screen, foot shifter, base plate and givi crash bars for NZ$20k - which seemed a good deal. Fingers crossed I will see how it goes!

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2018, 10:34:51 »
Just waiting now for the pics (if we can see them ...  8)  VCIF_ThumbUp
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal