Author Topic: Possibility to embed videos?  (Read 5486 times)

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
Possibility to embed videos?
« on: May 23, 2013, 22:47:59 »
Most forums has this opportunity and gives a direct view instead of linking.
Just like photos.

This feature hasn't got any serverimpact due to the videos are in other servers.
A forum code to embed the videos like youtube, vimeo, linkvideo etc would get it all better.

On the behalf from us who like sharing videos

SB

• Administrator
Re: Possibility to embed videos?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 23:10:44 »

There are a couple of mods that allow this but I would preffer to get the Facebook integration up and running first.

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 23:35:48 »
I'm not a facebooker and will never be again. If the forum will run due to facebook laws, run a facebook fan page.
I like improvements independent of facebook, google or other mayor server providers.

Users of the forum should not be forced to create a facebook account to get into business...

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 00:02:40 »
I'm not a facebooker and will never be again. If the forum will run due to facebook laws, run a facebook fan page.
I like improvements independent of facebook, google or other mayor server providers.

Users of the forum should not be forced to create a facebook account to get into business...

The forum will not run according to"facebook Laws". It will be an "Opt in" choice.

Users will have the option to include their posts/threads on their facebook page.

There have been more requests for, than objections to, a facebook link.

SB

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:01:40 by SB »

Past It

• HAR Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:35 »

been more requests for, than objections to, a facebook link.

SB

I quite like the thought of a FB link, that is more about people.   Certainly better than the endless 'look at me, look where I have been' videos.  Youtube does a good job for people who like that sort of thing.
Staying alive - but without the music!

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:34:34 »
Well. In that scenario we shouldn't publish any pictures either. Just use text and see all fancy stuff on Facebook.

Past It

• HAR Member
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:58:31 »
Well. In that scenario we shouldn't publish any pictures either. Just use text and see all fancy stuff on Facebook.

I would be very happy if the Forum banned photos that did not include people.

To me the 'Norwegian' video is pointless as it does not include people or any indication of what goes on when not riding the bike or just looking at another fantastic view!

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 11:26:37 »
Barry... you are getting grumpy again...  ;D ;)

Facebook (and Twitter) are used by a large group of people around the globe. By adding the feature which allows postings to be shared, the community gets better know and spread. Just using possibilities which are available...  ;D
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 15:28:34 »
Skye; we on French forum working with the same base as here. I know people arrive to embbed videos, without any  " video link"; I think it is with flash link. I ask for that and try to reply here  :)

Have a look on our photo and video link post of our national meeting: there is a lot.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 15:30:38 by zebulon »
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 00:46:50 »
Gilles, please keep us posted. If we can provide from experiences done at the French forum, just share it with either me, Mikadero or SB so we all can benefit.
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 00:50:51 »
Gilles, please keep us posted. If we can provide from experiences done at the French forum, just share it with either me, Mikadero or SB so we all can benefit.

I try Bernard  :D

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 07:31:58 »
Haven't tested the Flash version of embed videos since there is no button here. Also flash players don't work on Apple units.

Past It

• HAR Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 10:14:52 »
Barry... you are getting grumpy again...  ;D ;)

No I am not!   I am just expressing my disdain for what I consider to be the irrelevance of the many biking videos of bikes going along roads, 'beautiful views' and the 'look where I have been'.

This is probably a generation thing.  Virtually all of my biking has been at a time when decent cameras were expensive items and developing was also expensive.   People rode their bikes to places for their own satisfaction and did not feel the need to provide photographic evidence or – to impress others(?).   

The easy and cheap availability of photos and video will I fear flood the Forum with material from people with neither the skill or artistic ability to produce something worth watching.

This does not mean that I do not appreciate proper 'blogs', reports, whatever, that we get from the likes of Jess and Bogdan on their web sites.

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 11:25:25 »
The Video embedding addon has now been installed.

you should now be able to embed links from :

•YouTube, YouTube (Playlists), Dailymotion, Google Video, BBC News* (now with audio), BBC Iplayer (UK Only), MetaCafe, Veoh, 123video, Facebook, 5min Life Videopedia, 9You, ABC News*, AdultSwim, AlloCiné, AniBoom, Apple Trailers*, Archive.org*, Atom*, Bebo*, Blip*, BoFunk*, BombayTV, Break*, Broadcaster*, CarPix Tv, Cellfish, Clarin, Clip.vn, ClipFish (Old), ClipFish (New), ClipJunkie, ClipLife, ClipMoon, Clipser, ClipShack, Cold-Link, CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral(Inc. TheDailyShow), Crackle, CrunchyRoll*, Culture Pub*, Current*, Dailyhaha, DemoScene.tv*, DotSub (w/o Captions), DoubleViking*, dropshots.com, Dv.ouou, EASportsWorld*, EbaumsWorld Videos*, ESPN, Excessif, ExposureRoom, Flickr Video, FunnyOrDie, G4TV, GameKyo, GameSpot, GameTrailers (Inc. User Movies), Gametube.org, GameVideos.1up, GarageTv*, Gloria, Glumbert, GodTube, GotGame*, GrassRoots ItvLocal, GrindTv*, Guba, TheHub, Hulu (Usa Only)*, Humour*, Video.i.ua*, IGN, IMDB*, Imeem (Video)*, ImageShack, IndyaRocks, Izlesene, Jokeroo, Joost, JujuNation Video, JumpCut, JustinTV, Koreus, Last.fm (Videos), Last.fm (YouTube videos), Libero, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima (Old), Machinima (New), Mogulus/Livestream, MyTaratata, Video.mail.ru, MegaVideo, Milliyet*, MoFile, MotionBox, Mpora, Mpora TV, MSN Live/Soapbox, MtvU (Usa Only), Multiply, MyNet, MySoccerMedia*, MyShows.cn*, MySpaceTv, MyVideo, MyVi*, M Thai, NhacCuaTui, OffUHuge, The Onion*, OnSmash, Photobucket, PikNikTube, Putfile, Rambler, RawVegas, Revver, RuTube, SevenLoad, ShareView, Sharkle*, Sina Podcast, Smotri, Snotr, SouthPark Studios, Space.tv.cctv.com, Spike, SportsLine (CBS Sports), StageHD*, Streetfire*, StupidVideos*, TagTele, TinyPic, Tm-Tube, TrailerAddict*, TrTube*, Trilulilu, Tu.tv*, Tudou, UOL VideoLog, Ustream*, UUME, u-Tube, vbox7, Vholdr, VideoJug*, videos.sapo, Vidiac, Viddler*, Videa, VideoNuz*, VidiLife*, VidMax, Vimeo, Vidivodo*, VSocial (Type1), VSocial (Type2), Wat.tv*, WeGame, Wipido*, Yahoo Video*, Yahoo Video HK, Yahoo Music Videos, Yandex*, YouKu
•Several networks of video-sharing sites which account for hundreds of extra video-sharing sites. These networks include Brightcove.com, Kaltura* (blog and Wikipedia embedding), Kewego*, Truveo* (meta search engine)...

•BooMp3, Deezer, Deezer (Playlists), Deezer (Radio), Divshare (audio only), EbaumsWorld Audio*, GoEar, iJigg, Imeem (Music)*, Jamendo, JujuNation Audio, Last.fm (Audio), Last.fm (Artist pages), Mp3tube*, MusOpen*, Passionato (Single Preview), Passionato (Playlist Preview), Project Playlist, Seeqpod
Supports 8 Other Sites including:
•Google Maps, Imeem (Playlists)*, NewGrounds*, Orb, ScreenToaster, Scribd*, Slide*, VoiceThread

If you look at Kjetil's VIM16 post - http://www.vci-forum.com/index.php?topic=189.15 you will see how this works.

Any problems or issues, please let me know.

SB
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:30:47 by SB »

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 13:54:06 »
The same links seems to do not work properly here ... :(

We have a   button , we don't have here ... it makes flash tags  http://and and the video is visible in the post.
Skye , i can see them on my iPad ou iPhone  ;D

I ask for more infos; not sure I have understood everything have said Steward, sorry if my response is not adapted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal