Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 4867 times)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Farewell
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 21:08:19 »
Power change wont be an issue, anyway I never felt lack of power :)

Josep, be slow at the beginning, it is like a rocket after Vara.... VCIF_ok VCIF_salut

Back in 2004, my Vara had 25 hp more than any other bike I had ridden before. I thought I was having 25 more hp than I'd comfortably handle or ever use.

But it is true that you get used to everything, and with the passing years I find myself more and more often wishing to have some more hp, just to overtake in a flash that TDI whose pace is slower than mine in my mountain road  ;D

When I tested the CT, I found a noticeable increase in power delivery WRT my Vara, but it was far from being unbearable  ;) Despite the large amount of inertia  ;D
As a matter of fact, in my years of Vara rider, I've had the chance to test ride two bikes with much briskier responses to the trhottle: a KTM 1190 and a BMuu K1300R  ;D

Brute power is addictive, but I expect that CT will fulfill my wishes in this aspect  ;D

Regards,

Josep

I look forward to hear what Consol thinks.
There are several Norwegians who changed to CT, and the pillions are not satisfied.
They miss the comfortable Varadero, with wide saddle and enough space for the legs even with plenty luggage.
If I - for some reason - had to change my bike today, I had bought a second-hand Varadero with low km   VCIF_salut

My wife has found the CT to be perfectly alright compared to the Vara. But agreed, the Vara was a good two up bike space wise.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 21:19:25 »
We could ask Ursula as well. She's slim, but tall.

Is comfort the true reason behind her decision to go from pillion to rider? ;-)

Regards

Josep

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 00:44:35 »
Wait for her comment but CT is only bile she has experience as pillion :)
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal