Honda XL1000V Varadero - The bike that started our community! > Mechanical

Original rear suspension triangles meassurements SD01

(1/3) > >>

carstn:
Hello
I bought a new (to me) Varadero SD01 in the spring. I feel that it is much higher in the rear than my old SD01.
Do any of you guys know the meassurements of the original rear suspension triangles? Then i could check if they have been changed by the former owner.
He was a rather tall guy, but at 185 cm and 105 kg i'm not normally seing issues with bikes being to tall. Every time I put it on the side stand i worry about the bike tipping over. I never had that with my old SD01.
Also, it have been fittet with a Wilbers rear suspension unit - will that change the height?

Best regards
Carsten

SB:
The rear suspension unit can make a significant difference to the ride height (and lean angle when on the side stand).

Does the wilbers unit have a remote preload adjustment or does it use the "C spanner" for pre load adjustment ?

carstn:
There is a preload adjuster.

SB:
Have you adjusted and set the pre-load as per the  wilbers instructions ?

carstn:
I have not touched the pre-load due to lack of knowledge on the subjeckt. The prev. owner (about same weight as me) was the kind of guy who had everything done at his mechanic, so I hoped that setting was ok. I have to find out the precise model of Wilbers suspension I have and get some settings-info on that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version