Author Topic: Adventure Sports  (Read 15473 times)

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Adventure Sport
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 18:55:10 »
perhaps it can help Jack

no kit needed !  ;D  ;D  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

loudpedal

• HAR Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 14:17:39 »
Congrats Loudpedal! Looking forward to meet you again in Andorra next May.

Thanks Bernard

Had a loose plan to make the VIM this year. But not working out now due to a family wedding
Maybe next year

Bike still needs some bits and peices. But main stand and fender extender help with the cleaning

Loudpedal

<size edited>
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 21:16:38 by zebulon »

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 11:56:57 »
Keep us posted how you farkle your new Africa Twin, Johnny!  VCIF_ThumbUp
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 00:57:19 »
nice bike...

Great to now know someone who has taken the plunge and bought the Adventure Sport model. Looking forward to your reports as you farkle it and ride it. Cheers from downunder...
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 13:51:47 »
I should receive mine in three weeks, is there a tubeless version? I understand the only color avialable is blue tricolor.

So Jack, is your AS at home ? have you tried it ?

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Jack Sawdayee

• HAR Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 08:48:02 »
I should receive mine in three weeks, is there a tubeless version? I understand the only color avialable is blue tricolor.

hope to receive it this week that is If I can manage the hight.

superfunkomatic

• XL1000VA8, CRF1000L Africa Twin, CRF250L
    • superfunkomatic.com
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 20:26:39 »
Fantastic looking bike. Looking forward to your ride reports. I absolutely love my 2016 AT.
2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
2016 CRF250L
2008 Varadero (gonzo - one of my favorite bikes)

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 16:24:47 »

hope to receive it this week that is If I can manage the hight.
Did you get it?
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Jack Sawdayee

• HAR Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 12:40:58 »
Honda Agency told me that  one AT adventure sport has arrived to the agency and I can take measurements there.
When I rode the bike my feet were in such a posture that would be the envy of every ballet dancer, also they were informed that it might take months for a lowered seat to arrive.
All the experts at Honda Agency agreed that it would be too dangerous for me to ride the bike, And I settled with the idea of coming to VIM20 on my current AT.
On leaving the Agency I thought why not try the lowered seat of my current AT on the Adventure sport. We put the lowered seat on the Adventure sport and it fit and I felt quite comfortable sitting on it. I also took the  lowered Adventure sport for a test ride in the neighborhood and felt quite comfortable with it. So I paid a tremendous amount of money for the tradein in the neighborhood of 9,000 Euro and  completed the deal. I should get my new Adventure Sport next week and use it with my current lowered seat.

AS with my current lowered seat.

Feet reaching the ground
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 13:42:55 by Jack Sawdayee »

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 13:15:43 »
Honda Agency told me that  one AT adventure sport has arrived to the agency and I can take measurements there.
When I rode the bike my feet were in such a posture that would be the envy of every ballet dancer, also they were informed that it might take months for a lowered seat to arrive.
All the experts at Honda Agency agreed that it would be too dangerous for me to ride the bike, And I settled with the idea of coming to VIM20 on my current AT.
On leaving the Agency I thought why not try the lowered seat of my current AT on the Adventure sport. We put the lowered seat on the Adventure sport and it fit and I felt quite comfortable sitting on it. I also took the  lowered Adventure sport for a test ride in the neighborhood and felt quite comfortable with it. So I paid a tremendous amount of money for the tradein in the neighborhood of 9,000 Euro and  completed the deal. I should get my new Adventure Sport next week and use it with my current lowered seat.

VCIF_ok VCIF_ThumbUp VCIF_salut
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

biker76 (Mr calva )

• HAR Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 18:23:12 »

AS with my current lowered seat.

Feet reaching the ground

VCIF_ThumbUp VCIF_salut

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 00:57:13 »
Jack - nice buy. I will be following your ride report to and from VIM to get your feedback on how good the bike is for you.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 13:19:39 »
Great Jack  VCIF_ThumbUp

Maritimer

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 13:23:19 »
Congratulation! Enjoy.

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 17:53:54 »
Jack, I just noticed that you do look remarkably younger on the Adventure Sport!  VCIF_ThumbUp
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal