Honda CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin - Honda's latest Adventure Bike > General

2020 CRF1100L Africa Twin

(1/4) > >>

pathfinder:
Hi,

I see no comments about the new 2020 CRF1100L Africa Twin in this forum. Perhaps I'm not doing the search correctly :).

Anyway, I've got delivery of mine past November and due to lack of time I haven't done many kilometers yet (1.500 actually). Still, I can leave a few words here.

The best for now:
electronic suspension adjustment, TFT dashboard, cornering lights, aerodynamic protection, new adjustments of DCT and throttle control, engine power from low revs, driver's seat confort, Bridgestone AX41 TR (tubless) behavior, fuel range (24,8L tank).

Still growing on me:
300 page user manual, finding the correct windscreen adjustment for my height, finding the indicator button with winter gloves, smartphone migration to IOS for compatibility with Apple Car Play.

Still waiting for delivery:
brackets for aluminum side cases
upper and lower crash bars

Could be better:
If commands where retroiluminated and Android Auto were available  ;)

Best regards

Two Plugs:
Congrats with the bike in first place! Can't really Judge, but the new 1100 (especially the adventure) is darn expensive where I live.

Just cureousity… you wrote "If commands where retroiluminated…"; can you specify? Don't understand.  ::)

zebulon:
As you've tried it, you've noticed handlebar commands are note illuminated...  VCIF_ok

Jyrays:

--- Quote from: Two Plugs on February 17, 2020, 16:00:24 ---Congrats with the bike in first place! Can't really Judge, but the new 1100 (especially the adventure) is darn expensive where I live.

Just cureousity… you wrote "If commands where retroiluminated…"; can you specify? Don't understand.  ::)

--- End quote ---

He means the buttons to command  :P

Jack Sawdayee:

I got my ATAS 2020 on the 5th of Jan 2020, Not automatic gear and not electronic forks. I have already done 4,000 kms on it and hope to come on it to Biesczczady. I find it quite complicated with all the knobs and screen. What I have learned so far only to warm the handles. I have owner's manual of 370 pages I tried to learn from it but does not help too complicated for me. I am suggesting to the agency to arrange for a learning day to learn the knobs.
The reason that made me go for it is tubeless. I refer to the ordeal I had two years ago on a puncture I had in Greece and the five hours I spent changing the inner tube.
Looking forward to meet you on VIM and exchang ideas on the bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version