Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer - Honda's biggest Adventure Tourer > Crosstourer accessories, parts and home brew

Seat refurnished

(1/1)

JosepM:
Hello friends,

as I didn't quite like the stiffness of my CT seat, I wanted it refurnished. Yet I didn't want (or want to pay for  ;) ) any embroidery or anything: just some foam removal, some gel placed instead, some viscoelastic and the original covering back.

I was recommended a guy who is a professional in tapestry, who is a biker too and who's got a lot of experience in the subject. Yesterday he did the job, and at my request, he let the seat a bit higher and a bit wider in the area where seat and tank meet.

First impression is good. And well under 200€ , price was very good too (or so I believe  :) ).

Greetings,

Josep

Two Plugs:

--- Quote from: JosepM on January 27, 2016, 20:55:06 ---Hello friends,

as I didn't quite like the stiffness of my CT seat, I wanted it refurnished. Yet I didn't want (or want to pay for  ;) ) any embroidery or anything: just some foam removal, some gel placed instead, some viscoelastic and the original covering back.

I was recommended a guy who is a professional in tapestry, who is a biker too and who's got a lot of experience in the subject. Yesterday he did the job, and at my request, he let the seat a bit higher and a bit wider in the area where seat and tank meet.

First impression is good. And well under 200€ , price was very good too (or so I believe  :) ).

Greetings,

Josep

--- End quote ---

I did the same on my last Varadero at a local car upholsterer. Also well under 200€ and a perfect job, incl an anti-slip cover.

zebulon:
less then 200€ we have too http://www.vci-forum.com/index.php?topic=1138.new#new  VCIF_salut

Two Plugs:
We might consider us happy for the sponsoring your provider did for last years VCIM, Gilles, but 200€ is still a huge amount of money and the 50% savings only count if you'll buy a first saddle for the FULL PRICE. Not that cheap...

I am not doubting the quality of Sellerie Briant, they do look excellent value for money.

Knowing that a local upholstery company can do exactly the same, for less... Saving Post & Package.  ;)
And... easier to return in your local language if some 'accidents' happen during the warranty period!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version