Author Topic: Moto Guzzi California (after the V85)  (Read 9306 times)

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Moto Guzzi California (after the V85)
« on: February 10, 2020, 04:55:53 »
Hi all
Been a little while since I have been on here.

Last year I sold Red, my 98 Transalp I rode to Winterberg and to Gotland.  It is missed, and I thoroughly enjoyed owning it.
In January I put my Africa Twin up for sale and it sold quickly.
In its place I have a European ...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:18:34 by MrKiwi »
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: No more Honda's in the House
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 04:58:32 »
I now have a Moto Guzzi V85TT in my garage

MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 13:41:54 »
Very nice bike David  VCIF_ThumbUp not sure it will be so reliable then the AT; some friends with Stelvio and had (a lot of ) problems ; surely a hauntingly bike  ;)
As you see since your last passage and AT have been banned, no more activity here ...  :(
Hope to see you one more time in Europe   VCIF_varaGrey  VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 15:13:11 »
After the issues I had with Honda and changing brand, discussing with many bikers and garage owners, I think the Italians actually make more effort than the Japanese nowadays, look at the multistradas, the valve checks are far appart and these bikes are pretty much flawless.
Anyway the Stelvios were old motorcycles, first produced in 2007 and I've ridden the V85TT, it's another level very nice bike much more "user friendly" even with all gadgets, wish you lots of fun on it MrKiwi  VCIF_ThumbUp.

varonda

• AT rallye colours -- a.k.a. grandpa grumpy
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 16:47:09 »
Be interested in your feedback on the Guzzi --been fancying one although I'm still enjoying the AT -- had a Guzzi 1200 sport for a year or three and loved it and only parted with it cos the riding position didn't suit my deteriorating hip joint [ hip joint now replaced ]  wondered if the TT85 would be a cross between the AT and the sport.
If the truth fits---wear it !!!!

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 18:31:07 »
I think you need a bigger garage, don't sell them just buy new ones  8)
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Maritimer

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 13:05:44 »
Good luck with your new Moto Guzzi V85TT. If it's not reliable, just get something else. It's great to try different bikes. Looks great. Congratulation.

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 13:28:08 »
Be interested in your feedback on the Guzzi --been fancying one although I'm still enjoying the AT -- had a Guzzi 1200 sport for a year or three and loved it and only parted with it cos the riding position didn't suit my deteriorating hip joint [ hip joint now replaced ]  wondered if the TT85 would be a cross between the AT and the sport.

Of course test ride are the best way to know, but this site has a good database to get an idea !
https://cycle-ergo.com/

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 16:06:21 »
After the issues I had with Honda and changing brand, discussing with many bikers and garage owners, I think the Italians actually make more effort than the Japanese nowadays, look at the multistradas, the valve checks are far appart and these bikes are pretty much flawless.
Anyway the Stelvios were old motorcycles, first produced in 2007 and I've ridden the V85TT, it's another level very nice bike much more "user friendly" even with all gadgets, wish you lots of fun on it MrKiwi  VCIF_ThumbUp.

Well written. Honda isn't leader of the quality class anymore, have a look on Adventure Riders forum and the quality issieus on the CRF1000F. Italians are doing great these days, the Ducati Multistrada even comes with an 20.000km service interval!

David, congrats with the new ride (again, lol). Hoping to meet soon anyway  ;D
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 16:45:19 »

Well written. Honda isn't leader of the quality class anymore, have a look on Adventure Riders forum and the quality issieus on the CRF1000F. Italians are doing great these days, the Ducati Multistrada even comes with an 20.000km service interval!

David, congrats with the new ride (again, lol). Hoping to meet soon anyway  ;D

Yeah and cheaper than Honda in Switzerland... too bad the Multi 950 had the worst saddle I have ever sat on, of my entire biker life  har_scratch.

geosidecar

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 19:59:50 »
I love my Moto Guzzi California 1100

When the TT850 was released, my first way let me to the Guzzi dealer and I did a test ride.
First impression: nice and good looking bike!

Started the engine: o.k. - no more typical Guzzi sound but we're in the 21st century!

Climbed the bike: pretty handsome feeling

Rode some 50 km: nothing wrong, but there was no Guzzi feeling at all. It rode almost perfect. Enough power, good handling, excellent brakes. There was just one thing: a (for my oppinion) very bad TFT (blinks like a christmas tree)

Don't get me wrong! I wish you and every TT850 rider lots of fun, but I was happy to get back to my Varadero  ;D

Take care
Wolfgang

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 04:34:05 »
One of the things I like about my V85TT is the screen, strong, bright, highly visible and no blinking!
MrKiwi

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 12:23:29 »
Solution = mount a V85 screen on an AT   ;D  ;D  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2020, 12:29:44 »
 VCIF_ok ;D
MrKiwi

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
Re: Moto Guzzi V85TT
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 23:22:13 »
Mounted my Christmas present recently onto the V85. Have not yet road tested, but hoping to do so this weekend.

MrKiwi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal