Author Topic: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021  (Read 1497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bogdanbc

  • Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 188
  • Country: pl
  • VIF Member
    • www.bcsopot.com.pl
Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« on: March 18, 2021, 16:04:47 »
The final decision is ahead of us.
Either we stick to the deadline set for May, or we finally move it to September.
There will be no other options.

A) 21-24.05.2021
B) 17-20.09.2021
C) 03-06.06.22022  (ad 19.03.2021)

The owner of the resort gave us until March 28 to decide.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 16:13:29 by bogdanbc »
bogdan "bc" Sopot, Poland
XL1000V Varadero'99; CRF1000-D'16

K68

  • Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 175
  • Country: pl
Re: Final decision for termin od VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 16:16:11 »
After another, uneasy call with the owner of Myczkowianka (where VIM-22 is to be organized) I can offer you, probably the last, proposal to postpone the date of VIM-22 - third weekend of september

Jyrays

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1.557
  • Country: fi
  • Crazy Finn!
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 16:26:33 »
The final decision is ahead of us.
Either we stick to the deadline set for May, or we finally move it to September.
There will be no other options.

A) 21-24.05.2020
B) 17-20.09.2020

The owner of the resort gave us until March 28 to decide.

Bogdan, you didn't change your calendar yet? 8)

My opinion: September is not an option, as roads might be still closed.

May is obviously impossible.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

bogdanbc

  • Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 188
  • Country: pl
  • VIF Member
    • www.bcsopot.com.pl
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 16:33:33 »
Bogdan, you didn't change your calendar yet? 8)
My opinion: September is not an option, as roads might be still closed.
May is obviously impossible.
Fak ... corrected.
"All that stress..."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 16:43:38 by bogdanbc »
bogdan "bc" Sopot, Poland
XL1000V Varadero'99; CRF1000-D'16

K68

  • Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 175
  • Country: pl
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 16:58:29 »
Bogdan, you didn't change your calendar yet? 8)
My opinion: September is not an option, as roads might be still closed.
May is obviously impossible.


personally, I can't imagine politicians would decide to leave the economy frozen for so long

zebulon

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4.369
  • Country: fr
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 17:15:21 »
Guys & girls; I think most of people hope to be in Poland in May; situation is worst every days everywhere (possible lock down in Paris and surroundings in France ...); but if we are lucid, it will be very difficult to have a normal situation all over Europe in 2 month from now; manage it's planning ; so it's good to project if we cannot meet in May and have a plan B
I notice vote is locked; it can be good as for previous vote only participants can vote (not to pollute); one of the admins can help if necessary  VCIF_salut
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

biker76 (Mr calva )

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 59
  • Country: fr
  • HAR Member
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 18:22:43 »
Hello, I really think vim should be canceled this year because of covid .. the global pandemic is bothering a lot of people everywhere!
In France for the second year we also had to cancel our gathering and we were reimbursed for the fact that we have no idea when we will be able to resume seeing each other as a group and eating at the restaurant. I am aware that it is a lot of work to organize the vim.
Thank you for your effort for the organization. It would be nice to cancel and refund the vim. thank you for your understanding.

swing

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 17
  • Country: ch
  • HAR Member
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 19:38:49 »
Hi everybody!
European countries are waiting for the third wave of Covidů The production of vaccines in Europe is not fast enough to cover the needs and quickly stabilize the situationů The organization of an event such as VIM is not possible without Ó certain visibility.
Mai 2021 is impossible.
Septembre 2021 could be a alternative, but I'm afraid we will have the same discussion after the summer, which is a good time for viruses to spread.
And we'll also find ourselves two months away from the deadline, which is too short again for an event like our VIM.
Since the pandemic will not be over, the number of participants may not reach the critical mass for our landlord, which is an additional problem.
For my part, I recommend the postponement to May 2022.
Best regards
John /SWING 🇨🇭

ubertourer

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 148
  • Country: gb
  • HAR Member
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 19:50:51 »
I think also postpone for another year, too many variables with travelling through several countries to the vim. Got to show proof of negative covid tests and risk of being told to isolate when you get there if circumstances change in a country while travelling through, and looking like covid passports before you can even travel.. Hotspots of covid appearing everywhere still, is it really worth it still going ahead this year. Im just being realistic.

Bruvex

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 190
  • Country: be
  • Just Go!
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 19:59:42 »
I will not take part in the vote.

May will impossible due to Covid and personally I not allowed to have days off.
September is as usual a no-go for me.

So I hope it will be postponed to may next year.

K68, I really appreciate all of your work.
Stay strong and healthy my friend.
CRF1000L DCT Silver Grey(2016)

Prev.:BMuu R1200GS (2009) / Honda Varadero SD02 (end 2003) / Honda VFR 800fi / Yamaha Diversion 900 / Yamaha XJ900 / Honda Shadow 600c

VIM 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20

meine dicke

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
  • Country: de
  • Only soaring is nicer - Ventus CM D-KCTT
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 20:08:50 »
@ Snurrepus,

I agree  VCIF_ThumbUp.

But there should be as well the option to get refunded if somebody is not able or do not want to join in 2022.

Such a solution we have found for the German Varadero Meeting (VDT) in 2021/2022.


Greetings from the South of Germany
waiting for proposals from the ORGA-team

Rainer aka meine dicke

As written above,

I propose to postpone VIM to MAY 2022, reasons are already given by others, with the option - for everyone - to get refunded if participation is imposible.


Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer aka meine dicke
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22 (booked)
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22 (booked)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 87.000)

SB

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 632
  • Country: gb
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 22:23:06 »
personally, I can't imagine politicians would decide to leave the economy frozen for so long

There is a big difference between un-freezing the economy by allowing business and shops to re-open and allowing international travel.

Falcon58

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: pl
  • HAR Member
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 22:44:53 »
My voice for the term B
greetings from Grudziadz/Poland
Falcon58

zebulon

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4.369
  • Country: fr
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 22:58:50 »
reading the previous comments not sure you'll have a lot of vote ...  :( (if no more choices ...)

is the vote limited to participants? (yeah I can have a look  ;) ) if not it's non sense ...
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

Jyrays

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1.557
  • Country: fi
  • Crazy Finn!
Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 23:59:24 »
I vote none but cancelling or moving till next year.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal