Author Topic: CORONA  (Read 15370 times)

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
Re: CORONA
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 11:11:25 »
We will as necessary. Today seems all Europe will be closed. Who knows how long it will last...

Even in Finland I have arranged remote shopping for my mom (82)...

Let's take of the elderly. Let's stop spreading it. We had already 3rd degree contact here in Slovenia, luckily the contact person was found negative.

Take care, let's hope it will past quickly.
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 12:36:02 »
We will as necessary. Today seems all Europe will be closed. Who knows how long it will last...

Even in Finland I have arranged remote shopping for my mom (82)...

Let's take of the elderly. Let's stop spreading it. We had already 3rd degree contact here in Slovenia, luckily the contact person was found negative.

Take care, let's hope it will past quickly.

I've been following the curves lately, I have friends who are in the field of viruses etc, if you take China as a model from lockdown to the cases getting low and manageable, it took 12 days and Chinese in reality did fantastically with lockdown, I doubt most European countries will be as efficient, even if our hospitals might be better.
After the cases plummeted it took a full month for them to heal the last people and now close the emergency hospitals they built, then you can't just get back to not making checks and reopening everything like before, or you might get another wave.
Seems the progression of the disease spread In Italy follows the Chinese curves closely, Italians just have the huge issue of bad health system in the south, so many people have been going north, causing more concentration of disease, quickly overloading their hospital capacity.

So in all likelihood, the worst might be behind us in end of april, but don't expect to just go back to 100% normal immediately, maybe some travel companies, hotels and businesses will be bankrupt by then, so each countries I think will have a big challenge to face even when the virus is under control.

I don't want to make you people panic, if you limit your social contacts, wash your hands often you most likely will be fine, just don't underestimate this, be safe !
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:38:44 by Djairouks »

SB

• Administrator

Djairouks

• HAR Member
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 16:19:35 »

I've been following the curves lately.

https://www.rystadenergy.com/globalassets/pdfs/202003011_rystadenergy_coronavirusreport.pdf

Yeah same as I've been seeing, Italy are in deep shit !

But the conclusion on temperature seems a bit premature or misguided, because look at the list of cold countries, they include all richest countries with most of them better health safety and hospital networks, while most of the warm countries include almost all african countries and places where the level of life is quite lower.
So it could simply be that in the warm countries, they just do not have the capacity to test as many people and report virus cases, or the population density is so much less that widespread infection is limited, so the statistic could be really false in such case.
Funny they forgot Portugal it's nowhere to be found !

My friend who has a PHD in molecular biology, says this has nothing to do with seasonal viruses like the flu, so it won't disappear with summer most likely, better be safe than sorry !

The one good global impact this has is CO2 levels have massively dropped everywhere, at least you should be breathing better.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 16:23:15 by Djairouks »

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 19:35:30 »

Funny they forgot Portugal it's nowhere to be found !

Perhaps time to do VIM22 in Portugal (as expected...)  :-X  ;D  ;D  ;D. don't hit I'm out !!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 13:25:40 »
Is it now time to be realistic ?

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 14:14:32 »
The German Varadero Meeting (VDT) has the same problem with the virus. The VDT should be the Weekend before VIM.
But they got in contact with the Hotel and they found a solution.
Short version: The VDT-Orga will wait till end of April with the decission if VDT will take place in 2020 or will be postponed at the same location in 2021. Up to there everybody can cancel and will get back the money for the accomodation or if the VDT is postponed into 2021 and you want to join in 2021 they let the money in the pool and the Hotel will give the same conditions for next year at the same Weekend (long WE beginning with fathers day).

So at the moment I see not the need to do a decission.
But the Orgas should think about plan B or C or .... and perhaps get a similar agreement or better agreement with the "Hotel".

For me, I booked the accos to and from VIM with booking.com and my first cancellation without paying anything must be on 24 May 2020.
So I´m not in a hurry.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer aka meine dicke
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 14:19:42 by meine dicke »
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 140.000)

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 12:29:05 »
As far as I know, nobody have asked to arrange next year's VIM.
If - of course I don't hope so - you're not able to arrange VIM this year, maybe it should be postponed one year.
Too early to make the decision, but as a plan C.  VCIF_salut

I am with you, Erik, I think this would be the safest bet. But again, its up to the orgateam to decide what’s wise, and up to every single participant what would be wise in his / her personal circumstances.
Lot of meetings and events for this spring are now postponed to late summer, but we should keep also in consideration that many participants have their travel planned, also regarding work etc which would negatively affect  the number of participants  (I know, you are on the lucky part of that spectrum being retired, lol).

Waiting for a few more weeks doesn't chance the situation in my modest opinion. I booked my accommodations to- and from Poland via Booking.com, I need to make a decision to cancel- or keep them early May. Dutch government will announce new measures tomorrow, I will not be surprised if it will result in a lockdown too.

The International Transalp Treffen (ITT) on which I originally based the idea of organizing VIM back in 1999, has been posphoned to 2021. ITT is held one week previous to VIM.

This was the official message from the Greek  ITT orgateam, published on March 20:

Dear friends,
Due to the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, we are in the unpleasant position to announce the cancellation of ITT 2020.
The safety of all of us comes first so we hope to see you all next year in Greece to celebrate our club’s 20th anniversary.
We'll email you for refund details.
Yours sincerely
HTC BoD

Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 17:24:44 »

The International Transalp Treffen (ITT) on which I originally based the idea of organizing VIM back in 1999

to celebrate our club’s 20th anniversary.

something wrong if ITT is prior and we have our 20th anniversary 2 years ago ? ...  har_scratch

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

ubertourer

• HAR Member
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 21:50:24 »
As far as I know, nobody have asked to arrange next year's VIM.
If - of course I don't hope so - you're not able to arrange VIM this year, maybe it should be postponed one year.
Too early to make the decision, but as a plan C.  VCIF_salut

I am with you, Erik, I think this would be the safest bet. But again, its up to the orgateam to decide what’s wise, and up to every single participant what would be wise in his / her personal circumstances.
Lot of meetings and events for this spring are now postponed to late summer, but we should keep also in consideration that many participants have their travel planned, also regarding work etc which would negatively affect  the number of participants  (I know, you are on the lucky part of that spectrum being retired, lol).

Waiting for a few more weeks doesn't chance the situation in my modest opinion. I booked my accommodations to- and from Poland via Booking.com, I need to make a decision to cancel- or keep them early May. Dutch government will announce new measures tomorrow, I will not be surprised if it will result in a lockdown too.

The International Transalp Treffen (ITT) on which I originally based the idea of organizing VIM back in 1999, has been posphoned to 2021. ITT is held one week previous to VIM.

This was the official message from the Greek  ITT orgateam, published on March 20:

Dear friends,
Due to the spread of COVID-19 worldwide, we are in the unpleasant position to announce the cancellation of ITT 2020.
The safety of all of us comes first so we hope to see you all next year in Greece to celebrate our club’s 20th anniversary.
We'll email you for refund details.
Yours sincerely
HTC BoD

i also think it should be postponed until next year in poland as there is too much uncertainty surrounding the ability to travel across europe. i am like yourself bernard, i have a hotel booking which will need a decision on, and also a ferry crossing which i may be able to change, or not as the case may be. im sure there are other guys who would rather have a decision sooner than later.

Bruvex

• Just Go!
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 09:01:10 »
Same thoughts here.

Traveling is still insecure and for me the last half of the year is full.
All kinds of stuff was postponed and moved to the second half of this year (in case the corona situation is under control).

VIM will no longer be an option for me.
But I'm sure Orgateam will make a wise decision. If it fits me or not I will not make an argue about it.

Stay healthy all of you

Moto Guzzi V85tt

Prev.:CRF1000L DCT (2016) / BMuu R1200GS (2009) / Honda Varadero SD02 (end 2003) / Honda VFR 800fi / Yamaha Diversion 900 / Yamaha XJ900 / Honda Shadow 600c

VIM 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/23

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 13:51:18 »
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

geosidecar

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2020, 15:35:33 »
I have cancelled all accomodations of my tour from 21.5. - 14.6. allready (excluding the VIM deal).
Not sure what will be with my ferry ticket from Albania to Italy, but that's not a big deal.
Whatever the Orga Team will decide is fine for me.

I am so sad, it would have been my very first VIM and I was so excited to see you all.
I am so sad, that the visits of our friends from the US will fail as well this summer.

Regarding the facts I can't imagine how there could be travel options within the next 3 or 4 months in Europe except those countries who still have open borders because of international cooperations in health care.

Stay healthy and take care!
Wolfgang

zebulon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2020, 15:55:09 »
if they open borders inside Europe, not sure they will outside Shengen ... Britains & Russian cannot enter in that case ...  har_scratch

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2020, 20:54:04 »
if they open borders inside Europe, not sure they will outside Shengen ... Britains & Russian cannot enter in that case ...  har_scratch

Not sure what would happen for the UK.

Belarus is relying on vodka and sauna's to ward of the virus so I suspect they may be locked down long after everyone else.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal