Honda Adventure Riders Forum

The Varadero International Meeting (VIM) - where riders of our forum meet => VIM22 (postponed to 2022); June 3 -6, Poland => Topic started by: bogdanbc on March 18, 2021, 16:04:47

Title: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: bogdanbc on March 18, 2021, 16:04:47
The final decision is ahead of us.
Either we stick to the deadline set for May, or we finally move it to September.
There will be no other options.

A) 21-24.05.2021
B) 17-20.09.2021
C) 03-06.06.22022  (ad 19.03.2021)

The owner of the resort gave us until March 28 to decide.
Title: Re: Final decision for termin od VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: K68 on March 18, 2021, 16:16:11
After another, uneasy call with the owner of Myczkowianka (where VIM-22 is to be organized) I can offer you, probably the last, proposal to postpone the date of VIM-22 - third weekend of september
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Jyrays on March 18, 2021, 16:26:33
The final decision is ahead of us.
Either we stick to the deadline set for May, or we finally move it to September.
There will be no other options.

A) 21-24.05.2020
B) 17-20.09.2020

The owner of the resort gave us until March 28 to decide.

Bogdan, you didn't change your calendar yet? 8)

My opinion: September is not an option, as roads might be still closed.

May is obviously impossible.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: bogdanbc on March 18, 2021, 16:33:33
Bogdan, you didn't change your calendar yet? 8)
My opinion: September is not an option, as roads might be still closed.
May is obviously impossible.
Fak ... corrected.
"All that stress..."
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: K68 on March 18, 2021, 16:58:29
Bogdan, you didn't change your calendar yet? 8)
My opinion: September is not an option, as roads might be still closed.
May is obviously impossible.


personally, I can't imagine politicians would decide to leave the economy frozen for so long
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 18, 2021, 17:15:21
Guys & girls; I think most of people hope to be in Poland in May; situation is worst every days everywhere (possible lock down in Paris and surroundings in France ...); but if we are lucid, it will be very difficult to have a normal situation all over Europe in 2 month from now; manage it's planning ; so it's good to project if we cannot meet in May and have a plan B
I notice vote is locked; it can be good as for previous vote only participants can vote (not to pollute); one of the admins can help if necessary  VCIF_salut
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: biker76 (Mr calva ) on March 18, 2021, 18:22:43
Hello, I really think vim should be canceled this year because of covid .. the global pandemic is bothering a lot of people everywhere!
In France for the second year we also had to cancel our gathering and we were reimbursed for the fact that we have no idea when we will be able to resume seeing each other as a group and eating at the restaurant. I am aware that it is a lot of work to organize the vim.
Thank you for your effort for the organization. It would be nice to cancel and refund the vim. thank you for your understanding.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: swing on March 18, 2021, 19:38:49
Hi everybody!
European countries are waiting for the third wave of Covid… The production of vaccines in Europe is not fast enough to cover the needs and quickly stabilize the situation… The organization of an event such as VIM is not possible without à certain visibility.
Mai 2021 is impossible.
Septembre 2021 could be a alternative, but I'm afraid we will have the same discussion after the summer, which is a good time for viruses to spread.
And we'll also find ourselves two months away from the deadline, which is too short again for an event like our VIM.
Since the pandemic will not be over, the number of participants may not reach the critical mass for our landlord, which is an additional problem.
For my part, I recommend the postponement to May 2022.
Best regards
John /SWING 🇨🇭
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: ubertourer on March 18, 2021, 19:50:51
I think also postpone for another year, too many variables with travelling through several countries to the vim. Got to show proof of negative covid tests and risk of being told to isolate when you get there if circumstances change in a country while travelling through, and looking like covid passports before you can even travel.. Hotspots of covid appearing everywhere still, is it really worth it still going ahead this year. Im just being realistic.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Bruvex on March 18, 2021, 19:59:42
I will not take part in the vote.

May will impossible due to Covid and personally I not allowed to have days off.
September is as usual a no-go for me.

So I hope it will be postponed to may next year.

K68, I really appreciate all of your work.
Stay strong and healthy my friend.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: meine dicke on March 18, 2021, 20:08:50
@ Snurrepus,

I agree  VCIF_ThumbUp.

But there should be as well the option to get refunded if somebody is not able or do not want to join in 2022.

Such a solution we have found for the German Varadero Meeting (VDT) in 2021/2022.


Greetings from the South of Germany
waiting for proposals from the ORGA-team

Rainer aka meine dicke

As written above,

I propose to postpone VIM to MAY 2022, reasons are already given by others, with the option - for everyone - to get refunded if participation is imposible.


Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer aka meine dicke
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: SB on March 18, 2021, 22:23:06
personally, I can't imagine politicians would decide to leave the economy frozen for so long

There is a big difference between un-freezing the economy by allowing business and shops to re-open and allowing international travel.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Falcon58 on March 18, 2021, 22:44:53
My voice for the term B
greetings from Grudziadz/Poland
Falcon58
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 18, 2021, 22:58:50
reading the previous comments not sure you'll have a lot of vote ...  :( (if no more choices ...)

is the vote limited to participants? (yeah I can have a look  ;) ) if not it's non sense ...
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Jyrays on March 18, 2021, 23:59:24
I vote none but cancelling or moving till next year.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: meine dicke on March 19, 2021, 00:06:34
I agree with Jyrays,

no vote from me.

My opinion is cancelling VIM in 2021 because of ... and postpone VIM to MAY 2022.


Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer aka meine dicke
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Falcon58 on March 19, 2021, 09:44:14
reading the previous comments not sure you'll have a lot of vote ...  :( (if no more choices ...)

is the vote limited to participants? (yeah I can have a look  ;) ) if not it's non sense ...

For the reminder of the Zebulon :

List of  participants of VIM-22 Poland: 


No#   Forum Nick   Country   Status
1.   K68   PL   Paid 27-01-2020
2.   Trinity   PL   Paid with #1
3.   Bjørn Hagesæter   N   Paid 25-01-2020
4.   April   N   Paid with #3
5.   Meine dicke   D   Paid 24-01-2020
6.   Snurrepus   N   Paid 30-01-2020
7.   Anne-Gro   N   Paid with #6
8.   Texas   D   Paid 29-01-2020
9.   Two Plugs   NL   Paid 25-01-2020
10.   Jyrays   FIN   Paid 05-02-2020
11.   Ursula   SLO   with #10
12.   Jack Sawdayee   IL   Paid 24-01-2020
13.   Nysse   S   Paid 24-01-2020
14.   Big Dave   GB   Paid 24-01-2020
15.   Wifey   GB   Paid with #14
16.   biker76   F   Paid 29-01-2020
17.   Oll   S   Paid 24-01-2020
18.   Bønne   DK   Paid 25-01-2020
19.   sebastian_j   PL   Paid 27-01-2020
20.   Mars   NL   Paid 26-01-2020
21.   Barkas   RUS   Paid 26-01-2020
22.   Anna   RUS   Paid with #21
23.   the prodded dog   GB   Paid 26-01-2020
24.   SB   SCT   Paid 26-01-2020
25.   Falcon58   PL   Paid 11-02-2020
26.   Alicja   PL   Paid with #25
27.   Zebulon   F   Paid 04-02-2020
28.   Michelle   F   Paid with #27
29.   Ubertourer   GB   Paid 31-01-2020
30.   Mitterk   A   Paid 31-01-2020
31.   agreekintheworld   GR   Paid 06-02-2020
32.   SWING   CH   Paid 04-02-2020
33.   Waver   UA   Paid 04-02-2020
34.   Kamchatka   UA   Paid 06-02-2020
35.   Nataliia   UA   Paid with #34
36.   Tarwdu   CYM   Paid 13-02-2020
37.   Exvara   F   Paid 17-02-2020
38.   Odile   F   Paid with #37
39.   Geosidecar   D   Paid 17-02-2020
40.   Boguslaw   PL   Paid 04-03-2020
41.   Grażyna   PL   Paid with #40
42.   Kela   UA   Paid 26-02-2020
43.   Julija   UA   Paid with #42
44.   Bruvex   B   Paid 23-02-2020
45.   Tosiek   PL   Paid 04-03-2020
46.   BogdanBc   PL   Paid 24-02-2020
47.   Paolo   I   Paid 03-03-2020
48.   Armando   I   -
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Jyrays on March 19, 2021, 11:30:05
I think you should add to poll:

Postpone to May 2022
Cancel
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: K68 on March 19, 2021, 13:30:46
Unfortunately, I expected practically as many ideas as people.
I'll try to agree on some more proposal for you guys.
 VCIF_a050flagge

after all, I'll sell the Honda and buy a BMuu
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 19, 2021, 14:13:38
reading the previous comments not sure you'll have a lot of vote ...  :( (if no more choices ...)

is the vote limited to participants? (yeah I can have a look  ;) ) if not it's non sense ...

For the reminder of the Zebulon :

List of  participants of VIM-22 Poland: 


yeah , but for instance no way to control who votes ...
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: K68 on March 19, 2021, 14:42:21
To meet your expectations, after difficult and final arrangements with the owner of Myczkowianka (payments were made to the account of his company), there are tzry options available:
  1. May 2021
  2. 17-20 September 2021
  3. 3 - 6 June 2022

and that's it !
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Bruvex on March 19, 2021, 14:58:32
To meet your expectations, after difficult and final arrangements with the owner of Myczkowianka (payments were made to the account of his company), there are tzry options available:
  1. May 2021
  2. 17-20 September 2021
  3. 3 - 6 June 2022

and that's it !

Number 3 is my lucky number
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: meine dicke on March 19, 2021, 15:31:22
Sounds good,

03. - 06. JUNE 2022 (Pentcost 2022) is also my favourite.
Therefore I´ll vote.

Greetings from the South of Germany
Rainer aka meine dicke


PS: @Kris, thank you for finding a solution in 2022
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 19, 2021, 15:55:48
If the orga team agree, we (admin team) will change the poll with new choices and only available for participants; waiting this poll is closed/locked. those who have vote have to do it again on new poll . Thx all; and thx Kris for this new choice/possibility  VCIF_ThumbUp
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: bogdanbc on March 19, 2021, 16:17:47
If the orga team agree, we (admin team) will change the poll with new choices and only available for participants; waiting this poll is closed/locked. those who have vote have to do it again on new poll . Thx all; and thx Kris for this new choice/possibility  VCIF_ThumbUp

Thasts the question for admin SB - but I think, it will not be easy - may be for acces for that them only for enumerate person.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: K68 on March 19, 2021, 16:30:28
I wonder how to organize the voting so as to avoid the problem pointed out by Gilles.
Maybe just ask all VIM22 participants to post their own vote and count them by verifying with the list indicated by Falcon - not a very advanced method but effective
I will ask Bogdan what he thinks about it.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: biker76 (Mr calva ) on March 19, 2021, 19:58:27
for me

3. 3 - 6 juin 2022   VCIF_ThumbUp VCIF_salut
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 19, 2021, 20:07:39
I'll begin to have an eye on the new poll  ;)
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 19, 2021, 20:27:35
for participants the poll is here (https://honda-adventure-riders.com/index.php?topic=2054.0;viewresults)
Thx all  ;)
if any problem contact me; I've worked on the previous list done by Stewart  VCIF_ok
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: zebulon on March 19, 2021, 20:49:41
If the orga team agree, we (admin team) will change the poll with new choices and only available for participants; waiting this poll is closed/locked. those who have vote have to do it again on new poll . Thx all; and thx Kris for this new choice/possibility  VCIF_ThumbUp

Thasts the question for admin SB - but I think, it will not be easy - may be for acces for that them only for enumerate person.

we can do what we want here, Bogdan  ;)  VCIF_salut
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: ubertourer on March 19, 2021, 21:29:44
well i just voted in the new poll for june 2022, makes sense.
Title: Re: Final decision for date of VIM-22 in 2021
Post by: Exvara on March 21, 2021, 20:11:21
Hi

To next year for me also, it's better and more safer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal