Marketplace: General items wanted or for sale > Biker's equipment

New Boots

(1/6) > >>

MrKiwi:
Hi all

I notice we don't have a section to discuss motorcycle gear we wear that we think is good, or maybe not so good.

Today I purchased a new set of adventure boots.  Sidi adventure boots Gore-tex.  These are a very comfortable fit and were recommended by a friend. Not the cheapest. What I like about these is the flap has a good overlap when tightening the boot up.  Some of the other boots I tried did not have a good vertical overlap which left the front of the boot exposed to the elements.

As a matter of interest, what adventure boots do you guys prefer?

Bruvex:
Hi David,

You'll be happy with these boots.

I have them for 2 years now and even when standing on the bike for some off-roading they do very well.

JosepM:
When I use boots, they are simple leather with waterproof lining touring boots. The kind under 200 € I mean ::)

For some reason, after about three years of use, they lose their waterproofness.  >:(

Greetings,

Josep

Skye:
Solution is grease. Leather+grease make waterproofness

MrKiwi:

--- Quote from: Bruvex on May 30, 2016, 09:22:31 ---Hi David,

You'll be happy with these boots.

I have them for 2 years now and even when standing on the bike for some off-roading they do very well.

--- End quote ---

It was standing and walking in them that sold me on these boots, along with the decent flap up the leg when doing the boots up. With adventure boots, for me they need to protect me when riding but also be comfortable enough to walk a reasonable distance in them.  I occasionally park the bike along a ride and go for a walk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version