Author Topic: VCIM15 returned home safe?  (Read 7481 times)

Past It

• HAR Member
Re: VCIM15 returned home safe?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 13:58:11 »
Barry. I promise you I'll let you know if you ever become a liability.

Thank you :)  In that case is it OK for me to say when I think other members are in danger of becoming a liability? ;)

Until then your presence (along with Salvo and Jack) is essential

I agree with a bit of what you said, in that I missed Salvo and Jack, I like to think I have not seen the last of them - that is the essential bit.   

To correct your 'inspiration' bit.  You may take inspiration but we not there to give it, we are at the VIM for our own reasons - I can't remember what they are at the moment and I am waiting for someone to bring me my pills and to help me get up from this computer!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 14:05:24 by Past It »
Staying alive - but without the music!

JW

• VIM 2000 - now
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 17:49:09 »
Jan-Willem - home and safe, after an impressing farm-tour by Garreth and a nice and sunny drive through Wales, Brecon Beacons and Oxford (by car... to Heatrow...)

Many, many thanx to Stewart, Garreth and all others helping to organise Vim15! In a surprising location, love the fact that every VIM is different - in country, landscape, accomodation and weather! What a change, so close to nothern Ireland ;-))

Have to agree with Barry on the bullying thing..., even with only 2 accidents, is not acceptable - the beauty of VIM has always been to appreciate the invitation and efforts of the orga-team, go with the flow and local customs as we did in the last 15 years - that's the beauty of not beining a club, with no membership, no chairman and no expections that have to be fulfilled. Either you like the invitation or stay away that year - Norway will probably be expensive (as is their local custom ;-P), but I'm definitely looking foreward to it!

Cheers, JW

stoldar

• Varadero Club Poland
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 23:06:08 »
Luckily I got home.
It was great. Great weather, accommodation conditions, we saw how to drive on the left side of the road  ;D, we saw several castles and how it is at the end of the land.
Returning to Dover and Dunkirk cried the rain, like a half German...
Our VARADERO are wonderful. They do always us safely home!
Regards
Dariusz
"stoldar"

Bruvex

• Just Go!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 21:28:19 »
Miro - the winner off the heaviest bike category - also returned safely to Slovakia after too many klms in too much rain.
Moto Guzzi V85tt

Prev.:CRF1000L DCT (2016) / BMuu R1200GS (2009) / Honda Varadero SD02 (end 2003) / Honda VFR 800fi / Yamaha Diversion 900 / Yamaha XJ900 / Honda Shadow 600c

VIM 12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/23

Nugget

• HAR Member
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 22:32:53 »
Merlin and I have also returned (back to work  :-\ ). We spent three relaxing days in south devon and thursday we rode to Stansted Airport. A bit windy on the A303 but dry ... Untill we reached the last 50 km ... Murphys Law  8)

One more time thanks to our rental people on www.superbikerental.co.uk. Quick, easy and uncomplicated.

But now a very big thank you to the Orga Team AND their partners. It does not only take ideas and doing phone calls ... You all made the trip really really worth.

We especially enjoyed the setting of VIM. Although a little bit of walking up and down the hill but that made room for more beer  ;D , the layout and decoration of the lodges, every evening  dinner at a different spot. Camp Smoky, Sunday Dinner with Yorkshire Pudding. AND of course the weather! Well organized  ;)

Although every VIM is different to the privious one thing has truly changed ... Everybody went to bed so early ... Except the British  8)
Was it the fresh welsh air or the comfortable beds or the generous bathroom with floor heating  ::)

It was lovely seeing everybody again. Only a few of the regular VIM visitors were missing. Some new faces and also a lot of new bikes. I am sorry about Bogdan leaving earlier ... Whatever happened.

@ Barry: when you arrived with the Buggy at the car park. It could not have been a better setting: Super Star arriving on scene ! Everybody we are telling about the annual meeting ... Oh yeah another of the young kids bike show ... And then we tell them about you ... Suddenly it becomes a serious happening  :)

On the way back we alread started planning a possible route to Norway. WITH our OWN bikes this time  ;D
Curious about who will show up, how the weather will be, the landscape ... And who will be the last to go to bed  8)

THANK YOU!

Barbara & Wolfgang
I ride the little sister - the green TA650
Been to nearly all vim from 2001-2013 (except 2011)

Varadientje

• HAR Member
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 23:30:42 »
We are home today, waving out the Norwegian Viking Erik and his lovely wife Anne Gro tomorrow!

Groetjes

Karinda and Bernard Two Plugs
Varadientje
Karinda on a PINK Varadero
225.000 km on ODO!
Blue NC750 X

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 23:32:27 »
Bruno and Barbara, maybe you should update your signatures  ;)

Miro is the Slovakian GW owner who spoke no English, isn't he?
I am grateful to him, he agreed last year in Tarragona to swap accomodation and thus solve a last minute problem with a dog. Big thanks to him, and respect for how he handled his bike!

Josep

SB

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 00:05:27 »
Bruno and Barbara, maybe you should update your signatures  ;)

Also Karinda ?

"Chef of Two Plugs"  or "Chief of Two Plugs"  ?

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 11:22:57 »
Stewart... don't even start...  ;D ;)

Oh, yeh... I'm home too!  8)
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Snurrepus

• 2008 Black Beauty
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 17:58:48 »
Two Norwegians returned to sunny Oslo this morning with the luxurious ferry from Kiel.
We had a fabulous ride after VIM together with Karinda and Bernard.
Ironbridge, Blackpool (unfortunately with no lights and old trams), Tan Hill (with bikes covered by snow in the morning) and to Karinda and Bernard's nice place in Holland.
We continued to Bremen for a short visit at Astrid and Jens, and then to Kiel in heavy rain and 7 degrees.
A few km before Kiel, the sun appeared and we had a nice dinner in Kieler Brauerei.

Many thanks to Gareth and his orgateam for another very nice VIM.
My condition is much better now because of all the hill training  :D
And many thanks to Cliff, who reversed his bike by foot 1500 m to help us with the puncture.

We hope to see you all next year.

Cheers, Anne-Gro & Erik
See you deep in a German forest ;)

VIM 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 11:13:01 »
@ All... This topic is just to say 'We returned home safe!'  ;)

Reflections are welcome here:
http://www.vci-forum.com/index.php?topic=184.0
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

Blacksmith

• HAR Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 14:29:23 »
Hi Folks,
Lidy, Lianne, Richard and Mense safe at home again (for a week now)
Lidy and I traveled some time through beautiful Wales, Lake District and Northumberland before going home.
about 1.500 photo's and 6 hours of video, will try to get it on the web.
cheers
Vikings, see you in a couple of weeks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal