Author Topic: Hein Gericke collar Wanted  (Read 8645 times)

Gazz

• 2008 V7
Hein Gericke collar Wanted
« on: February 11, 2014, 14:47:40 »
anyone got a hein gericke zip on storm collar for sale ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 17:48:19 by SB »

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
Re: Hein Gericke collar WANTED
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 14:56:23 »
Got one I don't use. Creamy White

Please change subject line to hein Gericke collar wanted

http://www.hein-gericke.de/hein-gericke-tourist-gore-texr-performance-shell-jacke-beige-chilirot.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 17:48:36 by SB »

Gazz

• 2008 V7
Re: Hein Gericke collar Wanted
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:59:41 »
cheers skye,

how much for it + postage from sweden?

btw why dont you use it, have you changed jacket or dont you like it?

fred

• HAR Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 15:01:37 »
I also have one and never have used it.
I don't ride when it's really cold and othertimes you just don't need it.

Let me know if you want black one;)
fred

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 17:31:03 »
Never used it. Have other alternatives to protect neck and it is building up to much so it is hard get the flip of the helmet down. Dunno shipment but name a price what you think its worth

If the color is okay. Send a Pm

Gazz

• 2008 V7
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:51:15 »
many thanks to both fred and skye.

fred i,ve sent you a pm as my jacket is black.

btw skye, i enjoyed the norway videos that you and jokern made. been watching the techniques on the trollstigen as i need to gain more confidence in cornering (only been riding 5 yrs). did you take most of those bends in 2nd gear?

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 02:10:46 »
Some times I was down for 1st gear, just how steep it is, traffic and other obstacles.
More easy to ride up than down and we had wet roads aswell..

It is not fun to be first if you not used to it, more easy to be the second rider, you get the line for free.. That how I've learned by Kjetil previous year.
Had my licence for seven years, learned how to drive after first time in Norway.

But a signitive change had been done. I changed my rear shock between 2012 and 2013. That made a lot improvement cause the handling of old shock made me nervous and thougt it was slippery.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:12:55 by Skye »

Gazz

• 2008 V7
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:37:03 »
yeh, thanks. i also changed my shock to a nitron but only because i thought the original shock was knackered after measuring rider sag etc. it turned out it was ok anyway but i got the nitron at a bargain price. i personally cant tell the difference, probably because of my relaxed riding style. my bike has no abs, do you think this is a disadvantage on roads like the trollstigen?. also the vara has no traction control like some more modern bikes which i can imagine would be beneficial on those roads particularly in the wet. from what i`ve learned the main things for cornering seem to be making sure all the braking is done and in the right gear before the bike starts to turn and also to look ahead of the bend to where your going.  i do plan on going to norway someday but funds are short at the moment (2 kids in university) hope you guys have a good time at vim anyway, cheers, gary

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 13:37:54 »
The best bike you can use in Norway is the Varadero. With or without ABS.
My friend Kjetil upgraded to ABS but he is also known as Rossi.

Super sport bikes may be faster in straight ways but no chance in the corners comparing to the Varadero.
Honda has made the Vara for Norwegian purpose. Also the ability to go off track and drive on the fine gravel roads is another advantage.

But just relax, don't drive faster than you can manage and handle. It's a learning curve and a good driver never drive outside his limitations. No one will ever tell you that you are slow. The others in the group has to adapt the speed to yours.

JosepM

• AT 1100 DCT '23
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 13:49:24 »
yeh, thanks. i also changed my shock to a nitron but only because i thought the original shock was knackered after measuring rider sag etc. it turned out it was ok anyway but i got the nitron at a bargain price. i personally cant tell the difference, probably because of my relaxed riding style. my bike has no abs, do you think this is a disadvantage on roads like the trollstigen?. also the vara has no traction control like some more modern bikes which i can imagine would be beneficial on those roads particularly in the wet. from what i`ve learned the main things for cornering seem to be making sure all the braking is done and in the right gear before the bike starts to turn and also to look ahead of the bend to where your going.  i do plan on going to norway someday but funds are short at the moment (2 kids in university) hope you guys have a good time at vim anyway, cheers, gary

Well, people used to ride long before ABS were available  ;D However, I appreciate very much that my heavy Varadero does have ABS.

When I am about to tackle a bend, I try to follow a circle as open as possible (this means, traffic permitting, to start a bend to the left from the right hand side of the road and the other way round). The centrifugal force increases with speed, but also with 1/R, being R the radius of a circle tangent to your path; so circles with large radius allow large speeds, but if you want to do the turn "all of a sudden" then your radius is small, and so becomes the allowed speed.

On the other hand, a Vara is long and has a large front wheel. This means you must "draw her path" in advance, because she is very reluctant to have it changed.  :)

Greetings,

Josep

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 19:53:48 »
There is a Austrin corner taking video online with use of a Varadero in the Alps

And this,

How it is in sharp bends and don't lean your head to much even if tires are in right track of the centerline

Even if its in Austrian german language there are good tips and it is sutilted if you find the right button to press.

I'm still learning
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 20:02:54 by Skye »

meine dicke

• Only soaring is nicer
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 20:08:49 »
Hey,

I know this clip and as well the instructor.

He is VaraHannes, from whom I told you that he has ridden more than 400,000 kmīs on his SD01 build in 99.

If you ride with him, you will see he is right with this clip. I did it and I try to do it as he instructed.

Greetings
Rainer
Think positive - Flaps negative
YAMAHA XT 1200 ZE Worldcrosser
VDT 2010;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23;24
IAHT 2013;16
VIM 2014;15;16;17;18;19;[20];[21];22;23; 24 (ORGA)
Since 2010: CBF600 (10.000); Varadero (100.000); XT1200ZE (since 11/2016 >= 141.000)

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 20:13:26 »
well, You see what I can found and not speak german at all.. But I understand some words since there are similar words to swedish.

It is a problem to find, cause when searchin I use English or Swedish and I need to know the correct german phrase to find this. Know it existed through our own swedish forum but it wasn't easy to find and share to Gaz

Gazz

• 2008 V7
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 21:02:59 »
that a really good video even though i dont understand the language. the clip where he`s slow turning and you see him lean to the opposite side that the bike is dropping, i presume to balance the bike, is this always the rule or does it depend on your speed, i get confused as there seems to be different techniques - some say you lean the way your turning. also, what about  counter steering - is this used only when going fast? is he countersteering in the slow turn clip.

Skye

• XL1000 '99 & '08
    • SkyeBlog
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 21:27:11 »
It is hard to explain. Varadero is a heavy bike in slowspeeds and move the butt on the saddle is also a technique.
Riding on Gravel, stand up and put the butt back to compensate that weight is on the backwheel. There is a lot to learn and find how to handle your own bike. I'm just a little ahead of you Gaz and best way to learn is coming to Norway or found Uk drivers.

Josep took us out on a ride in VIM#14. That was similar but my head and 'Snurrepus' head aswell wasn't with us. It was a tireing barbeque evening before.

Also brakeing technique.. In Geirenger you will learn to use the gearbox, have the right gear in before corner or bend, and throttle out of it. It is not often I see Kjetils brakelights lit.

Last spring I had a gravel course. In the video you can se how slow it is in the beginning and end of the day, handle gravel like if its nothing,
Camera also fools a bit. Wideangle make it feel that is going faster as it is. Geiranger videos have the same effect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal