Author Topic: New and more powerfull Africa Twin 1100 RELEASE confirmed by September 23, 2019  (Read 80288 times)

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
  • Took the plunge: CRF1000 ADVENTURE SPORT
Confirmed: ALL Africa Twins will receive a 24L feulcapacity and upgrade to 1100cc by 2020!

New information regarding the new 1100 Africa Twin is slowly emerging: 3 trims, L1 (Standard), L2 (Adventure Sport) and L4 (Adventure Sport Touring). Expected prices (Dutch list prices incl VAT): L1 17k, L2 21k, L4 22k. (Euro). L4 will be available full specs with full automatic suspension and quickshifter (DCT).

Pics look AWESOME. Black version with gold rims is an absolutely beauty.. Pictures as published in this topic are only remotely close to the 'Real McCoi'.

https://www.cycleworld.com/honda-crf1100l-africa-twin-details-leaked/

[/center]

Wishful modus thinking ON!

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2019/february/bigger-capacity-africa-twin-coming

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:54:58 by Two Plugs »
Founder of VIM, that's why I am in!
Join the Varadero International FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467408023517180/

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
to be tested when released , can be the next one ...

some more information on this Japanese blog (google can help for translation... )

Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
I'd like to see a lighter 700cc version myself.
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
I'd like to see a lighter 700cc version myself.

Inside information: The Africa Twin receives this 'upgrade' to make room for a lighter version which could compete with the new Teneré T7.
It will be a twin too, rumors are speaking about a Transalp successor.

the prodded dog

• 2009 Varadero AKA Black Betty
Isn't the new CB500X supposed to be "Africa Twin" styled?? Launched later this month.
TPD

MrKiwi

• Moto Guzzi California
What ever they do, I will not be buying one. I am sticking with my AT, the only thing I need to swap out at some point are the front forks for premature internal wear. Cheaper to swap these out than trade in on a new bike and begin the customization all over again!
MrKiwi
old enough that I should know better!

Djairouks

• HAR Member
Damn I just hate Yamaha and Honda, since years instead of making distinct and lasting models they keep changing stuff every 1 or 2 years, I would also love something
lighter but damn I don't want to shove money in it every 2 years !!!

But I still prefer my 2017 AT style overall, it's just seeing this T700 or the KTM 790 ADV and their low weight, makes me envious !

zebulon

• Administrator
  • 2020 AT Matte Black Metallic
damn I don't want to shove money in it every 2 years !!!

Depending how much kils you put on it each year; think after our "Arctic Baltic tour" and rides during the summer, mine approach or exceed 60 000, certainly time to change ...  8)
Alone we go faster, together we go further

I do not ride fast, I ride far / I'm not lost, I'm just exploring

2016 AT Digital Silver - 2011 Shasta white - 2007 Bloom Red - 2001 Candy Phoenix blue

superfunkomatic

• XL1000VA8, CRF1000L Africa Twin, CRF250L
    • superfunkomatic.com

I love my AT but I'd be tempted to get one if it were smaller - 500/650/750/800 and lighter with similar characteristics to the current AT. An under 400 pound bike (180 kg) would be more versatile, still a good tourer, and much more manageable offroad.

Inside information: The Africa Twin receives this 'upgrade' to make room for a lighter version which could compete with the new Teneré T7.
It will be a twin too, rumors are speaking about a Transalp successor.
2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
2016 CRF250L
2008 Varadero (gonzo - one of my favorite bikes)

Djairouks

• HAR Member

Depending how much kils you put on it each year; think after our "Arctic Baltic tour" and rides during the summer, mine approach or exceed 60 000, certainly time to change ...  8)

Soon doing the 24'000km service and this years I'll be going to work with my 2 bikes, about 2100km per month so total with road trips I should be around 23K more and since it's
a 2017 I guess it's allready no worth much more, it's just annoying to think because of this you loose money or change model and pray they don't again change within 2 years...

Jyrays

• Crazy Finn!

Gilles, 60k is just a good break in period for Honda :)
Current: HONDA CRF1000L Tricolor DCT
Honda NC700X DCT
Past: Honda VFR 1200 X Crosstourer / Honda SLR 650 / HONDA XLV 1000 Varadero / Honda XR 650 R / KTM 640 LC4 / Honda CB1100 / Yamaha XJ 850 / Honda CB 500 1977...

Djairouks

• HAR Member

Gilles, 60k is just a good break in period for Honda :)

Quite agree, Sunday I was attending Swissmoto the motorcycle brands and manufacturers yearly presentation in switzerland and
I have to say I'm still in love with my AT.
Saw new V-strom still ugly and horrible saddle, new Tenere 700 omg it's not up to Yamaha standards of details and finish in my book,
new multistrada look weird and so huge horrendous beige, Triumph are morphing into BMuus it's all strange modern design with tablets
they lost their English roots to me and of course BMuu still costing 2 testicles and not reliable.

Was only impressed by 2, KTM 790 adventure but yeah KTM prices and issues with so much orange I'll pass, but the Guzzi V85 looks
and feels very nice it's perfect mix of retro design and italian taste with current tech, I might try that as my Honda dealership is also
endorsing Guzzi.
Though lighter it's said to only do 80Nm and 80Hp, but interesting one.

So my trusty AT as still all the boxes ticking, I think I can live with it quite a while !
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 13:29:33 by Djairouks »

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
Looking forward to your experiences with the Guzzi. Very appealing bike. Unfortunately if you are tall and 'long legged', there is simply no room for your knees due to the engine layout...  :-[

Djairouks

• HAR Member
Looking forward to your experiences with the Guzzi. Very appealing bike. Unfortunately if you are tall and 'long legged', there is simply no room for your knees due to the engine layout...  :-[
Weird I didn't notice that, I'm 1m83 and even with the AT saddle high I can flat foot fine, but I'm not sure I'd switch to the Guzzi, it's barely lighter and makes 15nm less, I'll try but I think I'll miss the Honda's pull.

Also I love my AT don't want to crash it, but I don't know there's something about this bike even when you offroad, I'm never really aprehensive or scared to scratch it.
When I saw the Guzzi, first thing I thought is nice Ducati like finish and design it's magnificent and so, God I think I'd cry if it would get scratched or fall  ??? So might not be the adventure bike in this sense, or that's just me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 21:54:38 by Djairouks »

Two Plugs

• Founding Member
  • Administrator
Weird I didn't notice that, I'm 1m83 and even with the AT saddle high I can flat foot fine, but I'm not sure I'd switch to the Guzzi, it's barely lighter and makes 15nm less, I'll try but I think I'll miss the Honda's pull.

Also I love my AT don't want to crash it, but I don't know there's something about this bike even when you offroad, I'm never really aprehensive or scared to scratch it.
When I saw the Guzzi, first thing I thought is nice Ducati like finish and design it's magnificent and so, God I think I'd cry if it would get scratched or fall  ??? So might not be the adventure bike in this sense, or that's just me.

1m83 isn't tall.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal