Honda CRF1000L/CRF1100L Africa Twin - Honda's latest Adventure Bike > General

Passenger issues

(1/7) > >>

Djairouks:
Hi guys, looking for your wives or women's passenger experience !

I recently met a fantastic woman, only issue is she tells me she feels like a banana in the passenger seat, when she tries to hold on me as I ride, so she tends to hold the side grips on the seat and of course she doesn't really like the feel, that's really strange as she isn't taller than me.
Note that was with the seat in low position, don't know if high position will make much of a difference !

So what does your ladies say, any tricks or complaints as well !?

Čeh:
Try asking her to try NOT to hold on in any way, her palms on her knees/thighs for a short ride (maybe just up and down a street or so).
In addition try stressing the bit where you explain how she should not fight the bike's lateral movements, and possibly 'absorb' them by slightly bending at the hips when the bike leans left and right.

zebulon:
No problem here

http://honda-adventure-riders.com/index.php?topic=23.msg28#msg28

http://honda-adventure-riders.com/index.php?topic=1365.msg16794#msg16794

VCIF_ThumbUp  VCIF_salut

SB:

Zebulon has a good point but is understating it.

The reason his pillion is at ease is because they have ridden together a lot and understand each other.  Gilles is a very good "pilot", plans ahead and avoids "surprises" and Michelle knows his riding style and anticipates what he's going to do.

I've not ridden much with a pillion but when I was young, an apprentice and poor I used to get a lift to and from work on the back of a friends Lambretta 175. We did that 5 days a week for at least 18 months.  I don't remember having to hold on much unless I could tell he was going to something crazy and being young and males it wouldn't have looked very good for me to be holding onto his waist.

I think trust and familiarity is the key.

zebulon:
 ;D  ;D  ;D We all know that a picture is worth a thousand words ! especially for me when it is in english !!!  ;D  VCIF_ThumbUp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version