Author Topic: 17 teeth sprocket  (Read 9475 times)

zo10000

Re: Sprocket combination for Varadero
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 07:56:08 »
Thanks mate!
I didn't noticed this topic. My apologies for creating another one.
I think this one can be deleted.
Cheers!
I'm not young enough to think I know everything.

Honda XL1000V SD01

varaphil

• HAR Member
Re: 17 teeth sprocket
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 12:43:40 »
I'm new here so apologise for digging up an old thread.

A 17t front will fit (2000 carby) it runs close to the swing arm rubber but does not touch. The case saver needs to be ground down a few mm to allow chain clearance (the case saver must be fitted)

To me a 17t feels perfect on the 5sp carby, with plenty of torque even 2 up.

St3veP

• HAR Member
Re: 17 teeth sprocket
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 21:14:17 »
Just to add a bit to this, I've changed my rear sprocket to a 42t and a 510 chain. As everything in life it's got its pros and cons. It was simple to do but I do have a breaker and rivetter. I split the old chain the attached the front of the new one to the rear of the old one and pulled it around the front sprocket. Replacement chain and sprocket are of really good quality as well. I find all the gears a lot more useable and gear changes very smooth. The 5th gear is now much better for touring as the revs are lower and it seems less vibey.
I can't comment on the fuel efficiency side as I've not had it on for long enough.
I find myself using first and second a lot more around town but as said above, there a lot more useable now.
With all the additions I've made it's one of the better ones and one I would recommend.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal